• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

yes, that’s correct though I’m currently at recruiting command and my HQ is 4 hours from me so they had me work with an OR 30 mins from station.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
yes, that’s correct though I’m currently at recruiting command and my HQ is 4 hours from me so they had me work with an OR 30 mins from station.

Unless policy has recently changed fleet applicants should be working with a CCC regardless. When I was in recruiting, we would help sailors with the ASTB exam but the rest is on the CCC to submit your package.

Even if your CCC is 4 hours away most if not everything can be done electronically.

Unless policy has recently changed fleet applicants should be working with a CCC regardless. When I was in recruiting, we would help sailors with the ASTB exam but the rest is on the CCC to submit your package.

Even if your CCC is 4 hours away most if not everything can be done electronically.
I don’t think it has. I missed the last board because I was told I needed a signed off 368 (conditional release) but I received a call from my ECM stating that’s not true. I’m told all my ducks are in a row for the package submission late September and just a waiting game.

parin365

SWO Applicant
Hey everyone,

I also applied for SWO as well for the SEP 2024 board. Since this designator is VERY MUCH in demand with high acceptance rates, is it possible you can be notified of selection before the board even takes place? I've been hearing that some applicants are getting a decision just weeks or days after they submit a package.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Hey everyone,

I also applied for SWO as well for the SEP 2024 board. Since this designator is VERY MUCH in demand with high acceptance rates, is it possible you can be notified of selection before the board even takes place? I've been hearing that some applicants are getting a decision just weeks or days after they submit a package.

There is the immediate select process where candidates bypass the board if they meet certain criteria. Also, board schedules are simply placeholders, so it's possible if you go to a board that it convenes sooner than the posted date.

parin365

SWO Applicant
There is the immediate select process where candidates bypass the board if they meet certain criteria. Also, board schedules are simply placeholders, so it's possible if you go to a board that it convenes sooner than the posted date.
Very interesting...what criteria's would count for immediate selection? If you have a low GPA, but everything else in your application package is outstanding (degree/major type, OAR score, rec letters), can you still bypass the board?

awid65

SWO Select
Very interesting...what criteria's would count for immediate selection? If you have a low GPA, but everything else in your application package is outstanding (degree/major type, OAR score, rec letters), can you still bypass the board?
Check out the PA 100 it has the immediate select criteria.

FormerRecruitingGuru

The program authorization tells you the criteria - you must meet ALL requirements. If you don’t meet it you just go through the regular process.

parin365

SWO Applicant
The program authorization tells you the criteria - you must meet ALL requirements. If you don’t meet it you just go through the regular process.
Understood...so I may I've asked this multiple times, but is SWO right now one of those designators where if you don't have a good GPA (due to a difficult engineering degree), but everything else is outstanding (Letters of recommendation, leadership/work experience, and OAR score), you would get selected? I also don't have any waivers and bad records.

exNavyOffRec

Understood...so I may I've asked this multiple times, but is SWO right now one of those designators where if you don't have a good GPA (due to a difficult engineering degree), but everything else is outstanding (Letters of recommendation, leadership/work experience, and OAR score), you would get selected? I also don't have any waivers and bad records.
As long as your OAR is above the minimum no one really cares about it. Your GPA while low is still in the ballpark of those selected prior to high acceptance rates, and odds are they won't even read your letters of recommendation.

Aviation would be the other one you could have tried for as they look more at scores.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Yes a GREAT OAR score can help offset a low GPA for SWO. Everything else (LORs, work/experience, LORs, etc.) are really minuscule for SWO.

donaldmbang

applied for SWO and AMDO on August 2, 2024
Two bachelors one in Electrical Engineering and one in Human sciences both GPA 3.1 and 3.5. Working on my last semester MBA, OAR 54, three Letter of Recommendation and great leadership experiences
First time
Age waive approved.

pacific

applied for SWO and AMDO on August 2, 2024
Two bachelors one in Electrical Engineering and one in Human sciences both GPA 3.1 and 3.5. Working on my last semester MBA, OAR 54, three Letter of Recommendation and great leadership experiences
First time
Age waive approved.

you may refer to the new thread here for 03SEP24 SWO BOARD