• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pacific

Made a new thread as I wasn't able to make the header changes on the old thread 02AUG2024 SWO BOARD

This SWO Board begins AUGUST 2, 2024 and convenes SEPTEMBER 3, 2024 - as informed by most of our OR's.

Looking forward to sharing what you all have! Cheers and good luck to every applicant!

I applied for this board as well. 46 OAR with 3.56 GPA. I’m a current police officer, and I think I submitted a pretty solid package. My recruiter feels confident that I have a good chance at being selected. Good luck to all!

exNavyOffRec

I applied for this board as well. 46 OAR with 3.56 GPA. I’m a current police officer, and I think I submitted a pretty solid package. My recruiter feels confident that I have a good chance at being selected. Good luck to all!
You have a gun and handcuffs, what else would you think he would tell you! Lol

Undergrad: BA Business - Management Information Systems (3.33)
Postgraduate: Master's in Public Administration (3.87), MSc in International Development (3.5)
OAR: 54
Leadership: I was the General Manager of a gym for 4 years. During the pandemic I was a Digital Literacy Officer at an NGO where I managed a digital transformation project.
Needed an age waiver for SWO.

I applied for Intel last year but wasn't selected. Applying for SUPPO and SWO. I'll happily take either at this point.

donaldmbang

applied for SWO and AMDO on August 2, 2024
Two bachelors one in Electrical Engineering and one in Human sciences both GPA 3.1 and 3.5. Working on my last semester MBA, OAR 54, three Letter of Recommendation and great leadership experiences
First time
Age waive approved.

parin365

SWO Applicant
Hey everyone,

I think we were all told at one point that the military highly values STEM degrees. But that's not to say non-STEMs haven't been selected for officer positions, especially now. So for the record, I would like to know the demographics of a selection board's applicants' degree type and the possible percentage of who holds what type of degree. It is unlikely that someone in this forum has been a part of the selection board to provide accurate answers, but are there any sites we can visit to learn this information?

P.S. If STEM degrees are common, does the Navy consider the difficulty of STEM? I.e., aerospace engineering vs theoretical physics.

Thanks.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey everyone,

I think we were all told at one point that the military highly values STEM degrees. But that's not to say non-STEMs haven't been selected for officer positions, especially now. So for the record, I would like to know the demographics of a selection board's applicants' degree type and the possible percentage of who holds what type of degree. It is unlikely that someone in this forum has been a part of the selection board to provide accurate answers, but are there any sites we can visit to learn this information?

P.S. If STEM degrees are common, does the Navy consider the difficulty of STEM? I.e., aerospace engineering vs theoretical physics.

Thanks.
The information you’re asking for isn’t public.

An easier alternative, why not just check out previous SWO board threads to see how others got selected? That will help set a baseline in terms of where you unofficially stack.

While I’m sure a STEM versus non STEM would be a “tiebreaker” if there are two identical applicants, but not having a STEM is not as negative as you think and imply for a SWO board.

exNavyOffRec

Hey everyone,

Thanks.
To add to what @FormerRecruitingGuru has said when you look at all of the designators some require tech degrees, some prefer tech degrees (but rarely pick non-tech), others prefer tech degrees (but really don't care), and others don't say either way.

Then to add another variable some designators will go for a person higher GPA with non tech compared to a person with a lower GPA with tech.

When it comes to SWO it really doesn't matter, and if that is the only one you applied for then if you have a good GPA you should be in good shape no matter if you have a tech or non tech degree.