• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

    Go here:

    Edit Account Details and Profile

08NOV2026 SNA/SNFO board

Yeah I’m not convinced ISPP is a thing. It’s just Fleet applicants, BDCP, and off the street applicants. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
There’s a program authorization for ISPP. It exists. It is a headache though, and even if you are basically qualified there is no guarantee that the admiral will endorse your application. Sometimes they want to see ‘ISEL scores’ even though you may meet the minimum requirements for ISPP.
 
I wanna converse about ISPP,

A lot of enlisted who have gotten selected for OCS have advised me to not go through the headache of ISPP. COs take forever to endorse, I could only image how long an Admiral would take.not to mention the NCs who have zero clue what ISPP is.

Yeah I’m not convinced ISPP is a thing. It’s just Fleet applicants, BDCP, and off the street applicants. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

There’s a program authorization for ISPP. It exists. It is a headache though, and even if you are basically qualified there is no guarantee that the admiral will endorse your application. Sometimes they want to see ‘ISEL scores’ even though you may meet the minimum requirements for ISPP.
Yes it is a process, and yes there are some CO's that decide that even if the USN has said what the qualifications are they will decide to add some addition requirements even though there is a reason NRC set the requirements they did. I had one CO that would not endorse any officer application unless the person had their warfare pin.

The advantage of ISPP or ISEL is that if the spots are filled ISEL can get shut off, but with ISPP NRC can request additional quotas which per the PA are normally granted. What could happen is 2 enlisted apply to go SNA, 1 goes ISEL, 1 goes ISPP with minimum scores, if NRC has already filled their quota the ISEL is out of luck, the ISPP could still get a spot once NRC request an addition quota.
 
Happy week everybody. I’ve been hearing all of these forums talk about PRIDE. It seems like everyone that’s been going through a recruiter can use it to see more than what other people would see. Considering that I’m enlisted right now. Is there anyway that I could poke around in there or that somebody at my command could?
 
I wanna converse about ISPP,

A lot of enlisted who have gotten selected for OCS have advised me to not go through the headache of ISPP. COs take forever to endorse, I could only image how long an Admiral would take.not to mention the NCs who have zero clue what ISPP is.
I was talking to a guy on Facebook currently in flight school prior ET2. ISPP was the only real route for him cause he was a 48 OAR 5/5/5 or something like that. It’s a great program to the people that have used it.

I will say in my experience my own officer mentor was pretty shocked when I said “they immediately select now” and showed him the PA. I can’t imagine a CO or even flag officer being like “a sailor with all the qualifications and scores, performing at satisfactory level? DENIED”.
 
More light hearted question but has anyone else been to any airshows lately? SoCal had two really good ones the past two weeks, MCAS Miramar and Pacific Airshow.

I went to Miramar and it was hot as hell lol. I have gone a couple of times and this year was the hottest.
 
More light hearted question but has anyone else been to any airshows lately? SoCal had two really good ones the past two weeks, MCAS Miramar and Pacific Airshow.

I went to Miramar and it was hot as hell lol. I have gone a couple of times and this year was the hottest.
They had one in Huntington Beach last weekend. I live nearby and got to see all the jets fly right over my house. Coolest one I saw was an F-22 and P-38 flying side by side. It was a heat wave for sure this weekend
 
More light hearted question but has anyone else been to any airshows lately? SoCal had two really good ones the past two weeks, MCAS Miramar and Pacific Airshow.

I went to Miramar and it was hot as hell lol. I have gone a couple of times and this year was the hottest.
I was at Miramar. Definitely hot but not as hot as it’s been in SD lately lol
 
More light hearted question but has anyone else been to any airshows lately? SoCal had two really good ones the past two weeks, MCAS Miramar and Pacific Airshow.

I went to Miramar and it was hot as hell lol. I have gone a couple of times and this year was the hottest.
Miramar was dope. The Blues ran into some maintenance issues on Friday for me and were down a jet. Lockheed had an F-35 sim in the Expo hanger which I feel like a lot of people missed, super cool experience and gives Fat Amy more brownie points for me lol. Did some A-G and it really is a video game. Heading to Fleet Week this weekend too; lineup looks fire.
 
63 9/9/9 SNA fleet applicant (I-SEL), submitted in June. Have been following up periodically. It appears to be stuck at the 2nd step (after civilian processor but before the OCM) Anyone else in a similar situation who has heard back from a timeline standpoint? I am looking for an idea of possible timeline due to my EAOS approaching.

Thank you in advance.
 
63 9/9/9 SNA fleet applicant (I-SEL), submitted in June. Have been following up periodically. It appears to be stuck at the 2nd step (after civilian processor but before the OCM) Anyone else in a similar situation who has heard back from a timeline standpoint? I am looking for an idea of possible timeline due to my EAOS approaching.

Thank you in advance.
I’m in the same boat. Fleet applicant with an I-SEL for NFO. Submitted back in late May. I just sent off an email to the Assistant aviation OCM, due to the OCM being on leave till the 9th.
Hopefully he’ll give us some insight.
 
They had one in Huntington Beach last weekend. I live nearby and got to see all the jets fly right over my house. Coolest one I saw was an F-22 and P-38 flying side by side. It was a heat wave for sure this weekend
On the bright side at least OC is a but more chilly compared to more inland like riverside county lol.

But that is sick I think the last time I saw a F-22 demo was like in 2022.
 
Miramar was dope. The Blues ran into some maintenance issues on Friday for me and were down a jet. Lockheed had an F-35 sim in the Expo hanger which I feel like a lot of people missed, super cool experience and gives Fat Amy more brownie points for me lol. Did some A-G and it really is a video game. Heading to Fleet Week this weekend too; lineup looks fire.
I did see the sim but unfortunately did not get a chance to try it. My friend joked that like dude it is going to be your job anyways so no need to be in line.

Were you able to go to the AF trailer demonstration that they had? My friend and I were able to get the wristbands but the machine broke while in line so we never found out what is actually was.

I think it was called enhanced human cognitive something.
 
Back
Top