• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

$

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ooohkay...?:icon_roll

How does that post contribute anything useful/helpful to this thread?

Not necessary.

-jai5w4

Well, it's true and I concur. :D I find it interesting that you choose to condemn Ilnick's post, which has merit IMO, and ignore the blatant frivolity of the other "Air Force is gay" posts.

Here's where the line ought to reside: Honest beefs and informed disagreements with how another service does business is fair game for discussion, as is good natured intra-service ribbing. Mindless "your service is gay" comments are as unimaginative as they are unprofessional.

Brett

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Maybe he was including his BAH rate? I think the San Francisco BAH is pretty high...

I think its factored into Hazard Pay.

And actually SF passed a law (which may have been repealed by the state) banning recruitment within the city limits.... :rolleyes:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think its factored into Hazard Pay.

And actually SF passed a law (which may have been repealed by the state) banning recruitment within the city limits.... :rolleyes:

They may have passed a non-binding resolution, but a city government does not have the power to enforce such a thing, kind of like that whole gay marriage thing which fell through up there. I remember in the 80s in small town Oregon, when they passed a "nuke free zone." I'd love to see that rag-tag bunch of hippies prevent the federal government from installing a missile silo there. :D

Brett

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
They may have passed a non-binding resolution, but a city government does not have the power to enforce such a thing, kind of like that whole gay marriage thing which fell through up there. I remember in the 80s in small town Oregon, when they passed a "nuke free zone." I'd love to see that rag-tag bunch of hippies prevent the federal government from installing a missile silo there. :D

Brett

Did that apply to the USSR as well?

"Sorry Gorbachev... we decided not to allow any nuclear weapons here so you will have to aim those elsewhere.
Thank you,
Tree Huggerville, Oregon"

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
They may have passed a non-binding resolution, but a city government does not have the power to enforce such a thing, kind of like that whole gay marriage thing which fell through up there. I remember in the 80s in small town Oregon, when they passed a "nuke free zone."

Well, we all remember what happened last time those commies in the Pacific Northwest decided to f#ck with a vet... didn't go down too well for anyone...

M0000923.jpg

pdx

HSM Pilot
Did that apply to the USSR as well?

"Sorry Gorbachev... we decided not to allow any nuclear weapons here so you will have to aim those elsewhere.
Thank you,
Tree Huggerville, Oregon"

Never underestimate the power of a hippie resolution. I know, I am from Oregon. Our resolutions are nearly as powerful as UN resolutions

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, we all remember what happened last time those commies in the Pacific Northwest decided to f#ck with a vet... didn't go down too well for anyone...

M0000923.jpg

Did that whole Rambo business go down in the NW? I'm ashamedly unaware. :eek:

Brett

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

Brett

The Okinawans pass resolutions voting the entire USMC off the island on about a weekly basis. You can see how well that works.

Them: "We require all Marines to stop training on our island and leave immediately"

Us: "Yeah, whatever. We'll get right on that."

Them: "We mean it. If you don't leave, we'll pass another resolution!"

Us: "Sure. Whatever. Maybe someday we'll move some of our stuff to Guam. Or not."

They should have fought harder back in '45.

Well, it's true and I concur. :D I find it interesting that you choose to condemn Ilnick's post, which has merit IMO, and ignore the blatant frivolity of the other "Air Force is gay" posts.

Here's where the line ought to reside: Honest beefs and informed disagreements with how another service does business is fair game for discussion, as is good natured intra-service ribbing. Mindless "your service is gay" comments are as unimaginative as they are unprofessional.

Brett

Couldn't disagree with you more, Brett. What's new.

-jai5w4

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
They should have fought harder back in '45.

Reminds me of that story of some senior Pan Am captain being harassed by Frankfurt ground control because he didn't know where his gate was...

"Haven't you ever been to Frankfurt before??"

"Yeah, twice in '44, but both times at night and I never touched down..." :D :D

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Reminds me of that story of some senior Pan Am captain being harassed by Frankfurt ground control because he didn't know where his gate was...

"Haven't you ever been to Frankfurt before??"

"Yeah, twice in '44, but both times at night and I never touched down..." :D :D

....and in a different Boeing :D

How so?

Brett

To say the AF is "gay" is fine. THAT is intra-service ribbing and is completely harmless/acceptable.

To say one is "miserable" when working with the AF goes a bit over the line.

Think of it this way:

If you are talking to someone and call him "gay" it's considered no-harm, no-foul, just giving him a hard time.

If you are talking to someone and say to him, "I've never been more miserable then the times I've been around you" it goes over the line.

Besides, INFORMED beef, as you deem acceptable, resides no where in the "I'm miserable around AF" post by Ilnick.

There's a difference between ribbing and insults. That should clear up the point I was making in my earlier posts with respects to Ilinick's, et al's posts.

-jai5w4