• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
? as much as I should’ve taken the Aug class, I think it’s for the best that I requested Oct. by the time I start you will almost be graduating
Just hang in there. They're manually figuring out all the classes and working with OTC to get people in the earliest available classes with all the constraints of the other designators needing seats as well as each person's own needs. They didn't forget you. You may even squeak into getting prior enlisted pay on accident lol.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Just hang in there. They're manually figuring out all the classes and working with OTC to get people in the earliest available classes with all the constraints of the other designators needing seats as well as each person's own needs. They didn't forget you. You may even squeak into getting prior enlisted pay on accident lol.
Noooooo :( lol

Tumbleweed33

Yeah they don't forget about you they just make you wait 1.5 years after selection ???

ScottL

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Yeah they don't forget about you they just make you wait 1.5 years after selection ???
Yes for civilians, AD is expected to ship within the FY they were selected for based on graduation date (Jul-Jun), so I imagine they use civilians as the DEP in order to have a buffer to make up for dry recruiting periods. I do believe the way non-AD are treated seems a little unfair, but they also want people that want to give them that 20 years of service.

exNavyOffRec

Capacity at OCS is not an issue, they have had classes double what they are running now.
Yes for civilians, AD is expected to ship within the FY they were selected for based on graduation date (Jul-Jun), so I imagine they use civilians as the DEP in order to have a buffer to make up for dry recruiting periods. I do believe the way non-AD are treated seems a little unfair, but they also want people that want to give them that 20 years of service.
Prior to the SNA over-selection issue it was not abnormal for civilians selected to be on their way in a month or two, with AD waiting due to commands needs, I would expect as things get closer to normal this would resume. This of course doesn't help you all.