• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

29 AUG LAT TRANSFER BOARD

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Hello everyone,

I know these forums are great from commissioning boards, but I was curious to see if anyone applied to the 29 AUG LAT transfer board. This is my first and hopefully last attempt applying to transfer from SWO to MSC. The last board had more quotas than usual. I'm hoping ill stack up well against the numbers this time around.

current stats going into this board:
14 years Prior HM
3 fitreps all above rsca
warfare quals: SWO, ESWS, EFMF
LOR from O-4 MSC officer
letter of competitiveness from uniformed service university
BS degree in HCA 3.23 GPA
8 Graduate courses in HCA 4.0 GPA
Favorable CO's endorsement

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello everyone,

I know these forums are great from commissioning boards, but I was curious to see if anyone applied to the 29 AUG LAT transfer board. This is my first and hopefully last attempt applying to transfer from SWO to MSC. The last board had more quotas than usual. I'm hoping ill stack up well against the numbers this time around.

current stats going into this board:
14 years Prior HM
3 fitreps all above rsca
warfare quals: SWO, ESWS, EFMF
LOR from O-4 MSC officer
letter of competitiveness from uniformed service university
BS degree in HCA 3.23 GPA
8 Graduate courses in HCA 4.0 GPA
Favorable CO's endorsement

Have you talked to the MSC OCM? Being that the boards are OCM driven, I would suggest so (if you haven't already).

Also, don't most HCAs already have a masters on hand?

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Have you talked to the MSC OCM? Being that the boards are OCM driven, I would suggest so (if you haven't already).

Also, don't most HCAs already have a masters on hand?
that is correct. most HCA in the community do have masters. But the LOI for this and the previous boards state:

"Health Care Administration Officers. Officers preferably have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Health Care Administration or Business Administration. Candidates who have an acceptance letter to either the Army-Baylor Master of Health Administration program or the Uniformed Services University Master of Health Administration and Policy program are desired"

I couldn't apply to USU, because the application window was closed. They provided me with a letter of competiveness instead for the board. however, I did speak to the OCM and he said I'm eligible to apply. he also stated that he usually doesn't use all of his quotas; I'm assuming because most swos are applying for intel, hr, or other communities.

exNavyOffRec

that is correct. most HCA in the community do have masters. But the LOI for this and the previous boards state:

"Health Care Administration Officers. Officers preferably have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Health Care Administration or Business Administration. Candidates who have an acceptance letter to either the Army-Baylor Master of Health Administration program or the Uniformed Services University Master of Health Administration and Policy program are desired"

I couldn't apply to USU, because the application window was closed. They provided me with a letter of competiveness instead for the board. however, I did speak to the OCM and he said I'm eligible to apply. he also stated that he usually doesn't use all of his quotas; I'm assuming because most swos are applying for intel, hr, or other communities.
Good on you for contacting the OCM.

I would ask the OCM if he can let you know how many applied last time and how many of those were picked up, that can let you if they are picking up everyone that is applying and still having spots left over or if they are being picky and not selecting people which is leaving spots left over.

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
That’s a good question. I will keep that in mind. I did however find a thesis from nps on lateral transfers that included all that data. It’s a bit dated (2013). But in the this thesis the data for people applying for msc average at about 5 applicants per board covering 5 boards (p.39-41). Here’s a link an case anyone in the future wants an idea on their odds.

Last edited:

Infinitedouble

That’s a good question. I will keep that in mind. I did however find a thesis from nps on lateral transfers that included all that data. It’s a bit dated (2013). But in the this thesis the data for people applying for msc average at about 5 applicants per board covering 5 boards (p.39-41). Here’s a link an case anyone in the future wants an idea on their odds.

Thank you for sending the link to the Thesis, it is very informative. I am currently a LTJG and currently have a lat transfer application from SWO to EDO. It will be great to have the results come out sooner rather than later.

Infinitedouble

Hello,
Does anyone have an Idea of the EDO timelines after the lat transfer results are released? What are the next steps? How does it work with the CO releasing you from the command? When does NPS start? etc. Currently a SWO(LTJG) applied for EDO and patiently waiting ?.

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Hello,
Does anyone have an Idea of the EDO timelines after the lat transfer results are released? What are the next steps? How does it work with the CO releasing you from the command? When does NPS start? etc. Currently a SWO(LTJG) applied for EDO and patiently waiting ?.
I’m curious what year group are you in. I’m in yg 21. I know last board they only had 4 out quotas for my year group.