• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

30 year old SWO?

exNavyOffRec

Given some of the info put out to recruiters many are taking leave as there isn't much work unless a person is qualified for Nuke or Pilot. NRC is recommending no active Intel selections at the April board and on the reserve side some info we rec'd on Friday is they may now only select 4 or 5 nationwide.

jdwilson112

No active Intel selections in April?? Please tell me that's not the final word on this...

Anyway don't get too discouraged, the officer recruiters (at least in my area) are very busy, you'll usually have more luck contacting him directly at the office or just dropping in. Mine has been working very hard to help with getting my packet in for the April Intel board.

As far as SWO, you must be commissioned before your 29th birthday, age waivers are only accepted for prior enlisted. Unfortunatly this is the case with most of the rankings now apparently due to cutbacks they are becoming much more selective.

exNavyOffRec

No active Intel selections in April?? Please tell me that's not the final word on this...

Anyway don't get too discouraged, the officer recruiters (at least in my area) are very busy, you'll usually have more luck contacting him directly at the office or just dropping in. Mine has been working very hard to help with getting my packet in for the April Intel board.

As far as SWO, you must be commissioned before your 29th birthday, age waivers are only accepted for prior enlisted. Unfortunatly this is the case with most of the rankings now apparently due to cutbacks they are becoming much more selective.

That is what it is looking like, evidently the overall Intel accessions from all sources this year was about 30 over, and the OCS selections were over so many have slid to FY13 so there are only about 10 spots left, that is why NRC is recommending no Intel selections at the May board, it was April.