• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

60S Crash

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I went through primary with Dyer and just talked to him the day before. RIP brotha.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I went through HTs and some of the RAG with the 2P, Laura. She used to play cards a lot with my roommate. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the crew.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
I was going through primary in corpus when laura was. different squadrons. i didn't know her well at all, just a face with the name. that blows, i hope they are found soon.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Various articles talk about how they know where the wreck is - the difficult part is that it's in 3600 feet of water.

I was good friends with Laura through primary and advanced. There's a memorial for the crew being held on the Bonhomme Richard on Friday for any who are interested.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cory Helman was a prior 53 guy. I flew countless missions with him. Unbelievable. His nickname was "Meat." Couldn't ask for a better crew chief. He'll be sorely missed.

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
I was friends with Laura through Primary and Advanced. She was the senior winger for our class, and an amazing person. She was always happy, always smiling. My prayers go out to her family, as well as the families of the crew.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
I knew Laura as well......Great person. I hope they recover the wreck. It makes me sick and Pissed at the thought of her at 3600 feet. God bless......

MIDNOSU

Heartbreaking news. My girlfriend and her brother were very close to Adam. They have known him for 20 years. Tough couple of years. This is the third military friend they have lost in 2 years (The other two were Army killed in Iraq). God be with their souls.

peanut3479

pilot
Myself and 2 others from Laura's winging class were aboard BHR when it happened last Friday - it was very tragic. As of the time we debarked earlier this week, rumor had it the Navy was going to recover the helo and remains.

The memorial service tomorrow is at 11am on the hangar deck (on the flight deck if the weather is good) - the BHR is at Pier 13 at NAVSTA San Diego. Most of our squadron will be there.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Myself and 2 others from Laura's winging class were aboard BHR when it happened last Friday - it was very tragic. As of the time we debarked earlier this week, rumor had it the Navy was going to recover the helo and remains.

The memorial service tomorrow is at 11am on the hangar deck (on the flight deck if the weather is good) - the BHR is at Pier 13 at NAVSTA San Diego. Most of our squadron will be there.

Apparently, she was a USD alum, class of '03. Saw something to that effect on campus yesterday.

Brett