• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A little gift for the P-3 bubbas...

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
Sophie%20Monk%20241_lo.jpg

Click here for a super ginormous, almost life-size version of this pic.
Now in return for this little item, I expect admission into the holy sacred sacramental place known as the "Private Aviators Forum" or the "Private Orion" forum. :D
Just kidding! Enjoy!

phrogpilot73

nfo2b said:
Now in return for this little item, I expect admission into the holy sacred sacramental place known as the "Private Aviators Forum" or the "Private Orion" forum. :D
Just kidding! Enjoy!

I'm beginning to rethink how sweet being a helo bubba is...

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
i saw a p-3 the other day that was painted dark grey/black. it looked cool as hell... made the war pig look like a war hog. dunno what country it was though.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I think the real question is, why doesn't the US have pics on it's government/military websites like this one?

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
virtu050 said:
i saw a p-3 the other day that was painted dark grey/black. it looked cool as hell... made the war pig look like a war hog. dunno what country it was though.
Probably Dutch navy. Theirs is a really dark gloss gray. Side note, I totally recommend a trip to Valkenberg Naval Air Station. Literally on the edge of Amsterdam, which as those who've been there can verify it's nearly blonde/blue as far as the eye can see. We were making a serious effort to try to spot ugly women on the street. Never saw any. Yeah, it was horrible. :)

USN99

USN99
None
They're goin' away

I think the Dutch are selling their P-3s and getting out of the MPA business entirely. Check this, however. But I think they're going away relatively soon.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
USN99 said:
I think the Dutch are selling their P-3s and getting out of the MPA business entirely. Check this, however. But I think they're going away relatively soon.

It is done as far as I know, they sold them to the Germans so they can replace their Atlantiques.

ip568

None
Holland Bailed

Yup. Holland sold its P-3s to Germany and Spain. They are unilaterally disarming so they can spend all their money on free drugs and abortions for their population. Wonderful priorities.

Next time they're invaded and they call us for help, I hope we put them on Hold.

http://www.navlog.org

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's weird. I went to DLI with a guy who was taking the German course for a PEP tour flying P-3s over there. He finished the course and was given new orders as an Primary IP since the Germans said they're closing shop on P-3s and moving solely to Atlantiques.

I dunno.

USN99

USN99
None
I think Flash is right

What Flash says about the Germans buying P-3s to replace their Atlantiques does match what I thought I had read in some authoritative publication.

The DLI guy may have been at the end of a long communications chain running from Germany to BUPERs to a detailer that may have gotten garbled. You say that he finished the German course then the Bureau changed his orders from PEP Germany to the Naval Air Training Command? That seems significant.

BUPERs changing orders happens, like "stuff" happens. That the Germans would seemingly not "purchase" Dutch P-3s and rely on their Atlantiques seems intriguing. What are they thinking? :confused: Their Atlantiques have to be in worse material shape than the Dutch P-3s. Maybe they too will just fade out of the MPA business when their Atlantiques retire from age. :eek: Afterall, the Baltic Sea and North Sea don't seem to be offering any looming and credible threats to Germany.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Towards the end of the course he was hearing rumors that his orders were gonna get pulled. Significant, especially since he was a "top performer - go to guy" in his prior squadron, which is how he avoided getting screwed with a hard fill and recieved flying orders. Anyway, the change was made and he told me it was because the Germans had made the decision. Who knows, guys like he and I are WAY too far down the food chain to know authoritatively (is that a word?). Wouldn't suprise me to find out they're keeping the Orions and just decided to kill the PEP billet.