• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A little gift for the P-3 bubbas...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I could not find anything else on this. Apparently the Dutch had reversed themselves but I saw recently that the Brits were sending to Nimrods to Curacao to replace the 2 Dutch P-3's that were there. Any more info anyone?

http://www.navlog.org/dutch_fokkers.html

navyao

Being a former P-3 guy I've seen my share and since know one else is saying it - that chic is freaking HOT! Oh, and regarding the burn/exhaust stains above the APU exhaust door, that stuff never comes out.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Something for the P-3 Bubbas

When did they put afterburners in P-3s

p3sonicboom.jpg

navyao

If that were true, I would have spilled my coffee and all my buoy's would be rolling down the deck.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
total thrust principle. if you shut down 2 engines you'll need twice as much thrust from the remaining engines to maintain airspeed.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
What percent fuel would you save with two engines shut down? Sorry if that is a tad to close to opsec. I would think that twice the added thrust would guzzle down twice as much fuel, so same as four engines running normal. Im sure this is not the case, just wondering how much was saved.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
depends on altitude and airspeed... but i'll just toss out a figure between 1000 and 2000 pounds per hour at sea level. refer to natops performance section.