• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice on improving my odds of getting a pilot slot

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
dude, play rugby. It's the best club sport known to man.

I'd argue for soccer, but rugby is clearly more manly. Soccer is fun, though:D

To original poster: probably a good move focusing on school vs. ASTB. Just make sure when your time to take it comes up you put in some effort to doing timed practice tests in addition to studying.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
You're fine...keep up the good work and remember to have fun...
Don't be a d!ck to the OC's...they were exactly the kind of sailors you will be leading someday.

Though I agree w/ your advice FMRAM, I haven't seen many underclass mids exhibit this trait....or really any....not to stir the pot unneccisarily, but from my experience it is normally the other way around. But too add to this though, think teamwork and being active in your battalion. Your grades can speak for themselves if you are a really stellar student, but if you run into any trouble with classes later on in school (when things inevitably get harder) you will have something to fall back on in terms of aptitude. Also, simply going to class and never doing anything at your unit robs you of the learning experience that NROTC affords you....not to sound cheesy or anything.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I posted this some time ago, but i still think it holds true.

To be a pilot you've also gotta be really awesome, and by totally awesome I mean totally sweet.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Though I agree w/ your advice FMRAM, I haven't seen many underclass mids exhibit this trait....or really any....not to stir the pot unneccisarily, but from my experience it is normally the other way around. But too add to this though, think teamwork and being active in your battalion. Your grades can speak for themselves if you are a really stellar student, but if you run into any trouble with classes later on in school (when things inevitably get harder) you will have something to fall back on in terms of aptitude. Also, simply going to class and never doing anything at your unit robs you of the learning experience that NROTC affords you....not to sound cheesy or anything.

Yea it's usually the Marine option mids (post OCS) that think they are the sh!t...