• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aerobatic training

Crowbar

None
No expiration, no fine print other than you have to let me know a week or so in advance, yu must remain in good standing on AW, and I prefer Alaskan Amber. If you show up with Pabst, Coors or anything in a can you'll be shown the door soonest.

I don't anticipate on having 10 AWs' show up to fly so I think you're safe.

After May 08 would be best. I'll be in the desert until then.

Mike-

Everything sounds good, except there's a chance I'll be in the desert after May 08. Maybe just to say thanks for the offer, I'll drop some cans of Natural Light and Tab at your place before I go.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Does that mean I can do somersaults and handstands in it?:icon_wink

A prohibition on acrobatics used to be in the CH-46 ch.4 limits. "All right, crew, no backflips in the cabin....now, can I do a barrel roll in this thing?" They eventually changed it to no "aerobatics," which is what they meant.

Hey, with that one you even get Bella Carolli in the back saying," You can do it!" while you try and jump over the horse with a trampoline while doing some type of twist-flip combo.

Nice catch :icon_smil.

KBayDog

A prohibition on acrobatics used to be in the CH-46 ch.4 limits. "All right, crew, no backflips in the cabin....now, can I do a barrel roll in this thing?"

Backflips remain the only prohibited maneuver.

The current NATOPS lists several acrobatic restrictions, however:

*Wirewalking between aircraft is authorized, and is now actually part of the aircrew syllabus.

*Trampolining shall only be conducted in VFR, and is prohibited with passengers embarked.

*Handstands, juggling, Spanish web, tower diving, trapeze, and tumbling (except backflips) are authorized, but the pilot shall not exceed 90° angle of bank or 60° nose up/down while these maneuvers are performed.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The rudder seemed like it needed a lot of trim at the time, but after flying the T-34C, I'm not sure anything has ever needed as much rudder trim as the turboweenie did!

If you ever are unfortunetly enough to fly an E-2 or C-2, you will see what real rudder is. The T-34C is nothing.

As far as aerobatics go, there are only 3 graded flight but you can make coin by doing well. I think flying aero and getting time can be beneficial in making one comfortable in an airplane.

My old neighbor upstairs in Corpus and fellow flight student had around 300 flight hours. Most of it in a Pitts Special (I think thats what he said it was). He was doing very well in the program, easily made the jet cut but a woman hit him from behind on the SPID. The little bones in his ears were permantly damaged and he was NPQ'd. Really sucked for him.

whitman

I also have a Cub for tailwheel training. I personally think the Citabria is easier to learn in though.

I'm so jealous. As soon as things settle down, I'm buying a piper cub. Which cub do you own? On the topic of aerobatics, I imagine clip winged super cubs would be pretty fun.

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
I imagine clip winged super cubs would be pretty fun.
I own a 1945 J-3 Cub with 8.50 bush tires and tailwheel. Super Cubs are not aerobatic, the Reed clipped wing mod was only available on J-3s. I fly a Super Cub on straight floats and it's a blast!

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
He was doing very well in the program, easily made the jet cut but a woman hit him from behind on the SPID. The little bones in his ears were permantly damaged and he was NPQ'd. Really sucked for him.

What a raw deal. I'm guessing that the lady that hit him didn't have insurance either, just like the last three people that have crashed into my friends.

navy_or_bust

Wow that is actually the school with the 152A I was looking at. While you were flying there what aircraft did you use?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
What a raw deal. I'm guessing that the lady that hit him didn't have insurance either, just like the last three people that have crashed into my friends.

You are correct, she did not have insurance. His car was totalled and he had to be extracted via the jaws of life. He had a little Toyota or something and she hit him from behind at full speed in an old big pick-up. She wasn't paying attention and it cost him his career as an aviator. Really sucks but at least he walked away.

HuggyU2

None
I've flown the Grob (slightly aerobatic) and the Yankee. When I get time, I'll get time on the aerobatic ones. I'm looking forward to trying the Extra 200.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've flown the Grob (slightly aerobatic) and the Yankee. When I get time, I'll get time on the aerobatic ones. I'm looking forward to trying the Extra 200.

How was the Yankee to fly? I've got a bunch of time in a Cheetah/Traveler (Traveler w/ a Cheetah engine) and really enjoyed flying it. Nimble, quick(er), and it's always nice to open the canopy when it's 4 million degrees outside during the FL summer. The big thing w/ the AA-5 series was always to respect landing speed. I'd guess the Yankee was the same.

Jack-8

If you can make it up to Olympia WA, you can get dual in my Citabria for gas. AW discount...

However, if you want to go through the full unusual attitude, stall/spin cards and syllabus it'll be market rate.

I also have a Cub for tailwheel training. I personally think the Citabria is easier to learn in though.
note to self: become active member so I can take advantage of this...