• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aeromedical Refractive Error

ManWitQuestions

I'm looking at the pre-op requirements for aviation applicants for both the air force and navy. In the info I found for the air force they talk about an overall aeromedical refractive error where they add your cylinder error to your sphere error and compare that figure to the waiverable error. When looking at the info(pg 29) for the navy I found no reference to such a process. Am I right to assume then that the navy looks at your sphere and cylinder refractive errors completely separately, or is there another process they use to evaluate pre-op error?

mattyg96

For pre-op, your cylindrical must be greater than -3.00D, and your SE (spherical equivalent), which is your spherical + 1/2*(cylindrical), must be between +3.00D and -8.00D, according to 12.15 in the aeromedical reference guide.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 2.28.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 2.28.44 PM.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 18