• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aerospace Engineering degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Originally posted by airwinger
Just a very unscientific observation, but the AF guys seemed to be alot of engineering types, Navy somewhat, Marines....what is engineer?
:)
semper fi

An engineer is someone who wears blue overalls and drives trains.

Any major will get you into aviation (history myself) but some billets such as test pilot require an engineering or math degree as a prerequisite.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
46driver:

That is your idea of an engineer? lol...careful it is we who build the great airplanes you fly, if it wasn't for us and the brilliance of people like Kelly Johnson all of you would stand around on the edge of a cliff talking about how great it was when all you had to do is jump off ;-) Hey I know you are joking but I gotta stick up for my kind-cheers!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I mentioned this in another thread, A LCDR in anoher squadron here has a degree in French and Womens Studies (from Berkley of all places) and my CO has a degree in English. The point is, study what you want and get good grades.

TechGuru

I am already accepted into Embry-Riddle and am paying all the dues(dorms, tuition etc..) So I am going to start this fall. Aerospace Engineering will be tough but I will get through it. The thing is, is that I really dont want to major in something that I am good at(like english history etc..)but something I am weak in(like math) because I want to be able to improve and try to get rid of my weakness in math like which I am doing currently in my dual enrollment classes. So I hope everything goes well and I do fine in my major. But if my height is to tall(hope I dont grow in the next 3 years) then I may have to look for another position in the navy.

I am considering Search and Rescue as a fallback plan. If anyone knows anything more about this for the navy please post it here or if you have a link. Thanks!!!

photonchick

My husband is a former nuke who got out and graduated with a degree in Nuclear Engineering- he is now designated as a NFO. Personally, I think they really take into consideration your gpa, letters of recomendations, and what experience you have over what your degree is actually in. Just my 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.