• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Afghan exchange SNAs?

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
My title is a bit of an extension from the quote [in the article referencing fact that Afghan pilots will be heading to states next year for training in English language followed by flight school], hence the question mark at the end of it.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Very interesting. How does one unteach a culture of bad habits (or rather, less than ideal practices)? I guess we'll find out.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Since when were we able to teach the Saudis?

Threadjack....

In the HT's back in the day, my Flight Leader used to assign us to sand-bag Saudi/Kuwaiti student solos as punishments for anything we did to piss him off. He once caught me playing golf in between a form brief and my inevitable cancellation (in my defense, we were on the wait list for aircraft and were #5 behind another set of forms) and my subsequent flight with one of the al-brothers is still the closest I've come to dying in an aircraft day-VFR. But we can all laugh about it now....

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Those Saudi clowns were living all over the Whiting BOQ around late summer 2001....hootin and hollerin all night long. It would piss me off somethin fierce. And then.... all of a sudden, those a-holes weren't there anymore.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
^ From the stankonia????

He gave it a good shot with that as well, but instead it his preferred position as dash-2: on lead's six with no step up and paying no particular attention to how close he was.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Those Saudi clowns were living all over the Whiting BOQ around late summer 2001....hootin and hollerin all night long. It would piss me off somethin fierce. And then.... all of a sudden, those a-holes weren't there anymore.

They came back. My buddy had the strangest FAM 0 with his Saudi onwing. He had descriptions for parts of the aircraft that defied logic. I can't remember any examples, maybe Bunk can, but I think at one point the "oil-to-fuel heat exchanger" made the pilot cool in the cockpit. And he didn't know the difference between right and left (and it wasn't a language problem).