• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AFROTC Cadet thinking about crossing over...

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Keep in mind as well that it takes a certain type of man to pull off an ascot. Are you that man?

HuggyU2

None
Keep in mind as well that it takes a certain type of man to pull off an ascot. Are you that man?
So, Mr Cracker Jack,... do the Navy Boys still wear their Dixie Cup? That's very cute.
And, jink all you want, but: Soap-on-a-rope = Navy.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
So, Mr Cracker Jack,... do the Navy Boys still wear their Dixie Cup? That's very cute.
And, jink all you want, but: Soap-on-a-rope = Navy.

That's Mrs. Cracker Jack, to you, Huggy. Daughter of career AF man and wife of a Helo bubba, so I'm not really hating on the ascot. Oh, and I'm the one who drops my Navy boy's soap, thank you very much. ;)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That's Mrs. Cracker Jack, to you, Huggy. Daughter of career AF man and wife of a Helo bubba, so I'm not really hating on the ascot. Oh, and I'm the one who drops my Navy boy's soap, thank you very much. ;)

Wow. Barely into page 2 and already degrading into soap-dropping and sexual humor...... I love AW! :D

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So much for him actually getting any constructive advice :D

HuggyU2

None
You got me, you got me!!! Sorry 'bout that,.... ma'am!:icon_mi_1

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Wow, a lot of great points I didn't even think of including. It definitely seems to me that the Navy places significantly more emphasis on leadership than the Air Force, which is more technically-based and business-like (literally). So keep in mind that in the Navy you will be an officer first and a pilot second. Also, there is a lot of strongly-held tradition in the Navy, especially compared to the Air Force. It is a vastly different culture.

I agree. The OP stated that he wanted to become a pilot at all costs. In that case, I would suggest United Airlines or whoever is hiring this week.

In the Navy, you are an officer and leader first. The back to back flying tours are getting rarer. You an easily fly 3 years and then spend 6 years on shore duty and in a disassociated sea tour (no flying).

KILLERPHROG

pilot
If you want the guaranteed flight spot, then you need to talk to a Marine Officer Selection Officer. Guaranteed flight school and no obligation until you get commissioned. Plus you already passed the ASTB, so all you have to do is apply for OCS.