• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force Plans to Cut 8000 Officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I'm sure there are 5 other people typing posts about how ignorant you are right now as I type. Still, this is the dumbest f-ing thing I have heard on AW in a while.

I don't know...don't forget this...

if someone says "you look nervous" or "you're acting nervous" look them in the eye and say "YEAH, SO?" Accept whatever state you're in, and expect others to accept it as well. excuse the language, but F#^K what others think of you or expect of you.

I had an instructor who always used to make me nervous when i was getting my PPL. he was a big, scary dude. and used to yell a lot. looking back, the guy MADE me fVck up just by being in the plane with me.

you're nerves will do what they will do, so don't waste any attention on them. accept your nerves, f$#% pressure from others, and focus 100% on the task at hand.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The clock is ticking for locking this thread . . .

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I agree with nittany03. We're all in agreement that Harvey's post was bad. Let it go. On with the discussion.

pdx

HSM Pilot
I also promise to keep the Marines in Line who would also like to break off.
Don’t act like you dont marines, you know you want too.. It isnt happening.
May the Airforce Become one with their older brother Army..(who will lose in football forever) & die on the pages of a history book.

OK, it's a day later and I'm still shaking my head at this. I really do think this is worse than thull's recent gem.

HarveyBirdman

Okay, So whats the Speed of Dark?
I dont know if anyone of you noticed.
But my Issues with the "air force" are from personnal experience with some of their officers.

Has nothing really to do with the entire branch...I thought id be a smart ass.

pfft- Ill thank the Lt.col for this mess too

harvey

1) Don't Date their Daughters
2) Don't Try to Live with them.
3) Don't EVER let them know your Navy. (if you think im harsh, you should talk to some hardcore blues)
4) Just a bad bad experence
5) Sorry for Offending Anyone, This is a great forum.. Ill keep Private issues and deals with the airforce aside.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I dont know if anyone of you noticed.
But my Issues with the "air force" are from personnal experience with some of their officers.

Has nothing really to do with the entire branch...I thought id be a smart ass.

pfft- Ill thank the Lt.col for this mess too

harvey

1) Don't Date their Daughters
2) Don't Try to Live with them.
3) Don't EVER let them know your Navy. (if you think im harsh, you should talk to some hardcore blues)
4) Just a bad bad experence
5) Sorry for Offending Anyone, This is a great forum.. Ill keep Private issues and deals with the airforce aside.

Can we just ban him? :sleep_125

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
Gladly,
The United States "Air Force" .. the youngest of the uniformed services, and most un-organized and weakest.
I would rather serve my country as a sailor-apprentice in the Coast Guard my entire life then become an "air force" officer.
In September 1947, the united states made an arrogant choice..
We thought we could have a seperate airforce as strong as the Germans had during the begining of the world war.
what we failed to see was that they actualy had an AIRFORCE... not a 4% group of *******s who wear blue greyhound uniforms to work everyday then ask you to **** off for dating there daughter.
Ever Since then, the "Air-Force" aka "chair-force" has been failing considerably.. (Since they can't seem to make enough money to pay there women in uniform, yet buy new uniforms every few months).
I, as an Aspring and Future Naval Aviator, Promise to Laugh at the AirForce for the lack of True Service and Integrity.
I also promise to keep the Marines in Line who would also like to break off.
Don’t act like you dont marines, you know you want too.. It isnt happening.
May the Airforce Become one with their older brother Army..(who will lose in football forever) & die on the pages of a history book.

-Harvey

I hope for your sake you were on a big bender last night. Otherwise, there's really no excuse for this kind of nonsense. First, it seems like most of your beef with th USAF lies with personal problems in dealing with them, such as the "LT COL" and "dating there (sic) daughter" comments. I'm not even sure what the "Paying there (sic, again) women in uniform" thing refers to. Second, while I feel privileged to wear Navy Blue, I wouldn't be here and flying a $26 million helo if it weren't for a couple of outstanding retired USAF LT COLs who kept me on the straight and narrow and gave me great guidance when I was younger.
You say you aspire to be a Naval Aviator, but unless you mature a great deal between now and then, I hope the only Navy uniform you ever wear says ACME SECURITY on the shoulder.

Penguin

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
hehe, I married a former Army girl into an Army family (her dad was an O-3 during Vietnam). We started dating in November 2004, and one of the first things I heard was, "Want to bet on the Army - Navy game?"

I smiled and said No, but she insisted. I thought it was a trap :icon_tong After the Army got schelacked (sp?), she was quiet and didn't want to bring it up until the following year :D She has learned her lesson now (after 3 beating by the USNA), but I keep threatening to put a Go Navy or Navy Wife bumper sticker on her van. :icon_tong

Of course, my dad was in the Navy during Vietnam, so it all balances out. :)

I guess I'm saying that I enjoy these rivalries. They can be fun if you know the boundries and go right up to them, mooning the other side.

Oh, did I mention I live in Colorado Springs...uber AF town! :eek: :icon_wink

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well that's it. Feel free to start another thread on force shaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.