• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Show Static Displays

gringo

Hello all,

I am in the AF Reserve and I am in charge of finding static display aircraft. This job was dumped on me at last minute and I am trying to find good contact #'s for contacting Navy and Marine units. If anyone has any good links, or #'s please let me know. Also if you are interested please PM me and I will give you the information.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Where is the show in question?

If it is in a sweet location a lot of us can probably find you some volunteers.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello all,

I am in the AF Reserve and I am in charge of finding static display aircraft. This job was dumped on me at last minute and I am trying to find good contact #'s for contacting Navy and Marine units. If anyone has any good links, or #'s please let me know. Also if you are interested please PM me and I will give you the information.
USAF eh? Rooms at the Hyatt, free beer every night, complimentary car, free banquet tickets on Saturday night, big line a women at the grungy Navy planes that look like they have actually fought in the war? Hey, I might come out of retirement for that!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello all,

Didn't you start out as an SNA back in 2005? AF reserve???

gringo

That is correct I was once a SNA. But I was NPQ'd during Marine OCS and during my recovery time I was offered a Pilot slot at my local reserve unit. It was a really tough decision to go Reserves or back to OCS, and it has been a long frusterating road with many bumps, but here I am.

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That is correct I was once a SNA. But I was NPQ'd during Marine OCS and during my recovery time I was offered a Pilot slot at my local reserve unit. It was a really tough decision to go Reserves or back to OCS, and it has been a long frusterating road with many bumps, but here I am.

Not sure where that is....

So you took the pilot slot at a local reserve unit?

Are you a AF pilot now?

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None

Ok... you owe us a bio. Or I won't give you my number for the airshow thing.

gringo

You want my bio? I graduated college and applied to each branch and dozens of ANG and Reserve units. The USMC were the first to give me a slot so I took it. Got injured during OCS (broken leg) and was sent home. I had the option to go back but I couldn't until the following January. I had time to think about it and during that time my local reserve unit called on my prior application from the pervious year and offered me a pilot spot. The AF has a ridiculous waiting time for class dates. I had another medical issue that kept me out of ejection seat aircraft. Now I'm an 0-1 waiting on my Nav date in a few months.

Last week I was told to find static display aircraft for our air show next month.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Okay, then...where and when is this air show? What amenities, room, board, cars, and beer are you guys offering? Are we talking Charleston or Adak?

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
cricket.jpg

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
My squadron's already sending a P-3, what more could you possibly want?

Someone who's not going to bore the crowd to suicide :D talking about reduction gearboxes, reversing cams, beta blade angles and the subtlties of how the world will actually freaking fall apart at the seams if a pilot writes "Throttles -idle." versus "Throttles-IDLE" on his or her closed book exam (no seriously, I got marked down by a P-3 NATOPS officer for NOT capitalizing my action item on an closed book).... "Get a life homo..." Not you. heynowlookout, the NATOPS officer.

My advice... don't ever be THAT guy.