• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Show Static Displays

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
The AF has a ridiculous waiting time for class dates. I had another medical issue that kept me out of ejection seat aircraft. Now I'm an 0-1 waiting on my Nav date in a few months.
Last week I was told to find static display aircraft for our air show next month.

So Gringo, does the AF have a track just for heavy Navs? I ask because I've never heard of anyone "starting" training knowingly limited to non-ejection seat acft? It usually happens after wings when something physical happens to a flyer...

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
Someone who's not going to bore the crowd to suicide :D talking about reduction gearboxes, reversing cams, beta blade angles and the subtitles of how the world will actually freaking fall apart at the seams if a pilot writes "Throttles -idle." versus "Throttles-IDLE" on his or her closed book exam (no seriously, I got marked down by a P-3 NATOPS officer for NOT capitalizing my action item on an closed book).... "Get a life homo..." Not you. heynowlookout, the NATOPS officer.

My advice... don't ever be THAT guy.

Will there be power available? I may need to bring my laptop and a portable projector and set up a prop system lecture:)

magnetfreezer

So Gringo, does the AF have a track just for heavy Navs? I ask because I've never heard of anyone "starting" training knowingly limited to non-ejection seat acft? It usually happens after wings when something physical happens to a flyer...

If you apply to C-130 reserve/guard units as a nav, they will guarantee their specific airframe out of pilot/nav school for their direct-to-OTS hires. IIRC the only ejection seat track out of Randolph is B-52s anyway. There was an AF SWSO at Pcola a while ago working on waivers for DQing back problems; the personnel folks here were kicking around the idea of sending him to Randolph at one point.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
If you apply to C-130 reserve/guard units as a nav, they will guarantee their specific airframe out of pilot/nav school for their direct-to-OTS hires. IIRC the only ejection seat track out of Randolph is B-52s anyway. There was an AF SWSO at Pcola a while ago working on waivers for DQing back problems; the personnel folks here were kicking around the idea of sending him to Randolph at one point.

...or a pilot. I completed advanced with a C-130 driver headed to KIAG.

SubtoSky

Officer NOooo...
None
Mighty T-6A

You will probably get a mighty T-6A or two because we have a new requirement to "recruit" in order to get out on a x-country. Hell, you might even get a T-1 for the same reason. Call VT-10, they'll hook you up.

gringo

Yeah i have a T-6, T-1 and a T-44 lined up along with a P-3 and EA-6b, 130, 135 and a B-52. I'm having trouble getting fighters in. We have a few other aircraft that just haven't confirmed yet either. I just want to get the word out to any one that might be from the burgh or may be interested.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor

Yes thet do have a track for heavy Navs. Not sure exactly how they get sorted out through all the commissioning sources but depending on class rank from OTS you go stike/heavy. The strike Navs go through P'cola and the heavies go through Randolph.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pittsburgh, May 10-11
Room, car, parties each night, free beer(not sure what kind)

You got to sell this right...do you really think someone is going to schedule a XC with atactical jet as a result of this post.

I can just imagine the conversation witheir OPS or CO.

"Can I go on a XC to Pittsburg, some guy on the internet said I'd get free beer and parties each night."

"Who is he???I don't know...some guy."

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You got to sell this right...do you really think someone is going to schedule a XC with atactical jet as a result of this post.

I can just imagine the conversation witheir OPS or CO.

"Can I go on a XC to Pittsburg, some guy on the internet said I'd get free beer and parties each night."

"Who is he???I don't know...some guy."
That doesn't work these days? When I was in the fleet we would have gotten the green light on the free beer alone. If that doesn't work anymore then the enterprising JO should be able to repackage it for "retail" sale to the skipper. Useful references were provided above.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Will there be power available? I may need to bring my laptop and a portable projector and set up a prop system lecture:)

What day and what time? I haven't been to one of those since I was studying for my E-5 exam. I'd like to see how much I can remember. :D I'll be at this airshow, I go every year. They are having it kind of early this year. Wings Over Pittsburgh usually isn't until July.