• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft Pushed Overboard?

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
My dad was on that cruise with VF-151. Before that whole mess started dad and a few others were told to take the F-4's back to the Philippines. So while most of his squadron mates were dealing with that mess he was on the beach getting a tan and at the Cubi Point bar getting drunk.... bum luck I guess....

As a kid I remember looking through his Midway "yearbook" thinking I never want join the navy and fly that plane! the Cessna O-1 that is....

Lawman

None
Brett327 said:
Ditto, I was in Czechoslovakia in '78 and everyone looked and acted like they had just come from a funeral. My family paid for a weekend's room and board with a cassette tape of the Beatles White Album.

Brett

Yeah I went as a kid in 89 with my family. Then we went back after the split, totally differnt country. I mean the people were still poor as dirt but it was actually lively.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
I don't get it. Can someone explain why he couldn't have just stayed in the Huey? Was it malfunctioning or on fire or something?

Not sure this was the reason but was told awhile back that they started waving some of them off...sometimes the deck was too crowded, someties they looked too dangerous to bring aboard. This gent hovered low and let his passengers jump and then climbed in order to jump himself and not have the helo come down on top of him....that's what a Midway guy told me over a decade ago...seemed logical.