• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft's loving nicknames

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
P-8 Poseidon.

Any slang terms yet?
Pelican is sometimes used inflight for coordination but it’s also the name of VP-45. As far as I know, no common slang nicknames akin to the a-10 being the Thunderbolt but to everyone it’s the Warthog. Or the s-3 Viking being the war Hoover.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Pelican is sometimes used inflight for coordination but it’s also the name of VP-45. As far as I know, no common slang nicknames akin to the a-10 being the Thunderbolt but to everyone it’s the Warthog. Or the s-3 Viking being the war Hoover.
And it’s ALSA brevity 🤓.

Makes me think we should nickname the -R “the sauntering pony” even if precisely because it sounds like a bad bar.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
And it’s ALSA brevity 🤓.

Makes me think we should nickname the -R “the sauntering pony” even if precisely because it sounds like a bad bar.
NATO Joint brevity not ALSA. Not that it matters though; I've never seen anyone with a "poseidon driver" patch or a variation of it. And if they did, they'd probably be made fun of since there's three in every plane. All our "flair" comes from deployment/det locations or crew patches. No one cares what the plane itself is called. Except when people call it "the jet", which is dumb. Most I'd go is "the bird".

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
RUMINT: I've heard people call the KC-46 the Big Gay Unicorn. Certainly an interesting choice, being a BGU driver...