• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airdale Bars...

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Ahh Toby's. Famous for worst service / most surly waitstaff in the Puget Sound, but their mussels make it all worth it. :D

Brett

Barely just barely are the mussels worth it. :tongue2_1 After I moved to Anacortes became more of a Brown Lantern sort. Now I find THEY have a webpage on my space I guess I'd have to find a new place in Bow to avoid the whole yuppiifcation thing. Times change.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Barely just barely are the mussels worth it. :tongue2_1 After I moved to Anacortes became more of a Brown Lantern sort. Now I find THEY have a webpage on my space I guess I'd have to find a new place in Bow to avoid the whole yuppiifcation thing. Times change.

I was in the Brown a couple weeks ago. They've expanded, but it's still the same old crowd - mostly Os and locals. Best bar in the area, IMO.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
(Toby's) Barely just barely are the mussels worth it. :tongue2_1 After I moved to Anacortes became more of a Brown Lantern sort. ...Times change.

I liked the (current) Rock Fish Grill (?) in "Cortez-town" --- when it first opened as the Brew Pub or some similar name many years ago --- run by some EA-6B types who also owned/ran the micro-brew next door. It's not the same since the various ownership permutations of the past decade have screwed with the place, however.

Brown Lantern = good.

BUT: I still like Toby's version of "Cheeseburger in Paradise" ... or their fish & chips --- NUW version ... it's far superior to Jimmy's in Key West ... :) ... this IS Whidbey Island, you know, not life in the fast lane.

It changes your attitude while it changes your latitude ...

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I liked the (current) Rock Fish Grill (?) in "Cortez-town" --- when it first opened as the Brew Pub or some similar name many years ago --- run by some EA-6B types who also owned/ran the micro-brew next door. It's not the same since the various ownership permutations of the past decade have screwed with the place, however.

Brown Lantern = good.

Yep, a whole lot of the Prower / Intruder crowd invested a bunch in it. I think Paul W .... Is still the brewmaster and a former Prowler ECMO who spent some time in a Greek prison... long story. Everyone lost their money in the original effort when it was Anacortes Brewhouse. Used to ski a lot with the other partner Linda S.

MasterBates

Yep, a whole lot of the Prower / Intruder crowd invested a bunch in it. I think Paul W .... Is still the brewmaster and a former Prowler ECMO who spent some time in a Greek prison... long story. Everyone lost their money in the original effort when it was Anacortes Brewhouse. Used to ski a lot with the other partner Linda S.

Pugs,

You can just say Brett, we know who he is :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....Everyone lost their money in the original effort when it was Anacortes Brewhouse. Used to ski a lot with the other partner Linda S.

That's what I heard; about loosing their money .... another typical small restaurant effort that started off with promise and good intentions, unfortunately .... and I think I know who your skiing partner is/was ...

One of the former owners of Toby's was one of our airline pilots --- I went in there one afternoon for a burger & beer --- when I opened the paper napkin containing the eating utensils --- all of them were marked with the airline logo .... :)

Really good thinking on his part .... ;)

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
:D Yep, I've killed more than a few brain cells there also... and will again in March, gotta stop off there on the way back from Japan. For those Jax folks, remember Murrays?????? or Moffett, St. James???? or Barber's Pt. Little Egypt's??? or am I dating myself (again):D

Which Murrays, wasn't there two of them? Spent alot of time (and money) in Murrays and Sam's Hanger.