• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ak-74

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We used to call those Gun Show Starter kits at the Range I frequent. Typically some hill jack that just turned 18 with $150 bucks to spend buys one of them (or a Mosin-Nagant) and a box of steel core ammo, brings it straight to the range without so much as cleaning or inspecting his new thunderstick, and then proceeds to raise all kind of hell on the range while experiancing multiple malfunctions and shooting up the wall and ceiling as much as the back stop.
If he brings a Mosin-Nagant to the range without cleaning or inspecting, he'd be lucky to get the bolt open . . . :icon_tong

MasterBates

Ahh the MN..

Now I need to figure out what I am buying at the gun show tomorrow.

Definites:
30rd Mags for my AR's
Ammo (unless it's cheaper online with shipping included)

Strong possibilites:
AR Lowers provided I can get a better deal than what I would get online with FFL fees and such.
Some cheap Mil-Surp.
Revolver in 357 or 44mag. Leaning towards 357.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FYI - the Corpus gun show blows. Go to the big one in Houston held at the George R. Brown Convention Center.

MasterBates

Don't feel like filling out the paperwork to go to Houston.

I think whatever I would save by going there, I would blow on diesel.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ive seen many a bolt kicked open...... Scary.
Actually if you do what you're supposed to, clean out the Cosmoline, and CLP the thing, it works just fine. Corrosive primers suck though. </threadjack>

Lawman

None
Actually if you do what you're supposed to, clean out the Cosmoline, and CLP the thing, it works just fine. Corrosive primers suck though. </threadjack>

Yeah or you could do like these guys and kick the bolt open....

Lawman

None
No they don't ... :)

*edit* ... let's cut the crap ... buy a high quality AR. We don't NEEEEEEED no STEEEEEEENKIN' AK-74's ... after all, who "won" the Cold War???

Wait... I remember multiple conversations containing statements by yourself that if you owned one you needed the other. I even remember a picture of both that you posted while making said statement.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Wait... I remember multiple conversations containing statements by yourself that if you owned one you needed the other. I even remember a picture of both that you posted while making said statement.

Read it and weep, Bruddah ..... stick with the classics.

-47 .... not ..... -74 .....

ar15vsak47002mp4.jpg