• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All things Baseball

taxi1

pilot
My apologies to @taxi1 my post comes across as asshole when I meant it to be “funnier.” My point, we like to pretend professional sports are pure but every team and every player is looking for an extra-legal edge.
They should have to switch their sport to soccer

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
How is that possible, I thought the Umpires rubbed the balls down before each game. Wouldn't they have noticed ice cold balls (insert joke here).

Side fact: before each game, baseballs are rubbed down with mud harvested from the Delaware River/Bay, the exact location is kept secret, even MLB doesn't know the exact location of the special mud.
“I try not to break the rules but merely test their elasticity," the late White Sox owner once said.

One example:

Frozen baseballs and the 1960s White Sox? ‘The Sodfather’ recalls a time when skirting the rules in baseball was just part of a groundskeeper’s job.​

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Little League World Series is going on. Yesterday, Texas and Washington went deep into extra innings. With Texas holding a 2-1 lead, Washington got runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs and then this:

That page sucks by every possible measure. It takes some Sherlock level sleuthing just to find the scores! Found the video on YouTube and it is a good snag.

Last edited:

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Great catch at the wall in centerfield and doubleplay to even up the Braves-Phillies. Meanwhile, the Dodgers pitching has been horrid.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wish my Orioles could turn things around, their backs are against the wall.
Hey the Birds have come a long way in just a few years. Whereas us Nats fans watched the Lerners burn a championship team to the ground and can't even break .500. They need to just sell the damned team already...

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Great start to the World Series: the Rangers tie it with a 2 run homer in the 9th and win in the 11th