• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am i wasting my time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyGirl

Biobod:

Depending on your college...you might check into them letting you retaking the exact same course replacing the bad grade with a good grade....this does not go on your transcript and will improve the GPA very easily. (call your college admissions office to see if they have this.) Most colleges will allow you to retake as many as two courses for total grade replacement. But if you have graduated, it may be too late. -- depends on college..

The other thing is to take a look at your grades...and if there were any major problems with your profs teaching...you can do what is known as an academic appeal. This asks the Dean of your college to look over the grades, tests, etc to see if the prof was fair. (I would not use this approach unless there was a real concern about the prof not grading right, etc.) -- this also has to be done in a certain time period, so check with your college. (If you lose the appeal, your grade still says the same -- so some people at least try.)

The other suggestions also sound like good ones. Take other courses to improve the GPA, take your chances, or take pilot lessons. The only thing that could hurt you more is if you go back and don't do well on the other courses, lowering your GPA rather than improving it...choose courses wisely. :)

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.