• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

An Aspiring Pilot

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
You know, all this talk of NROTC and BDCP being the 'best' lets us straight OCS folks feel bad...I need a hug....
Andrew, good job at figuring what you want now, I wish I had your gusto when I was your age.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Speaking to some of them who say "man... I could never do that". Similar to my admitting I could probably not do 4 years at USNA. To each, his own..

........hmm......for the poster, it all boils down to...how bad do you want it?

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
2.) What is some advice for getting leadership experience outside of school clubs and school teams? (The reason I ask this is because I have noticed that many describe the selection process to be very competitive and I worry that I might not make it.

I would just man up and join a sports team. If they don't offer sports that are to your liking, there will be some club sports nearby that would be more diverse. You can always join the boy scouts... but, and this is just me, I would never do it, theres something about learning teamwork in an athletic setting that will prepare you for a number of things down the road.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Speaking to some of them who say "man... I could never do that". Similar to my admitting I could probably not do 4 years at USNA. To each, his own..
How about NROTC at The Citadel......4 years....of hell....and no I did not pay for it.

Creatre

BDCP Hopeful
How about NROTC at The Citadel......4 years....of hell....and no I did not pay for it.

My family is from Charleston, SC and I guarentee after seeing that campus that I would NEVER go there, hah. I'm a hard worker, but still. :icon_tong

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Jonder,

I'm not sure how your school grades are, but mine weren't the greatest in high school, just average. My grades weren't good enough to get into the academy, and I could not afford to go to college right after school, but knew I wanted to be a pilot. So, I enlisted in the navy as an aircrewman and served 5 years. During my time in, I earned my college degree and picked up my private pilots license along the way. Here I am now, 25 years old and on the October board for pilot. Its all about keeping the dream alive. Do whatever it takes to make it happen. Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done...
-Ken