• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Animals Doing Human Things

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
It sounds like a solution looking for a problem to me... exactly the kind of bureaucratic thinking we don't need.

jmcquate

Contributor
Never seen a cat do this, but I know they wanted to..........
Felix-The-Cat-The-Finger-Decal-Sticker-Black-Vinyl.jpg

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
HSM-74_Squadron_Patch.jpg us_hsl-44.jpg This predates the Miley Cyrus patch (though... also... "what?") - then HSL-44 for a long time didn't have an "officially recognized" patch because of their fox riding a torpedo (I have that from when I was a MIDN)... I always thought the old one was a pretty awesome patch.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This predates the Miley Cyrus patch (though... also... "what?") - then HSL-44 for a long time didn't have an "officially recognized" patch because of their fox riding a torpedo (I have that from when I was a MIDN)... I always thought the old one was a pretty awesome patch.

According to the Naval History and Heritage Command HSL-44 never did have an officially approved patch and it is not clear if HSM-74 has one (they aren't listed).

And just what was the 'Miley Cyrus' patch?

Last edited:

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
And just what was the 'Miley Cyrus' patch?
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's an API class patch from late 2013. Someone in the class would have to post a picture, but suffice it to say, she came in like a wrecking ball.

brownshoe

Contributor
I dunno. The instruction for patch approval says no animals doing people things. I can only guess it's because people who write OPNAV instructions hate fun.

What next? Insects? If so part of my lineage is screwed.:) What has happened to the Navy I knew and loved?:(

Attachments

• va44.gif
    va44.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
This is the one that I was thinking of... Falling under "unnatural acts". It became a banned patch, but was produced anyways, just like the Centennial patch.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 67

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
This is the one that I was thinking of... Falling under "unnatural acts". It became a banned patch, but was produced anyways, just like the Centennial patch.
Yup, that's the one I was thinking of - and I'm quite certain I saw a couple guys wear it at the time and I remember all of us winged aviators thinking "daaaaammnn I can't believe they got away with that one..."