• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

another glasses question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FidelisKing

ugh, glasses.. the big dilemma. I don't care how they look, all glasses put such a pressure on your nose that its a sin. I don't understand why contacts are so fiercely unaccepted for OCS unless we have to swim with our eyes open under water. I've seen pictures of the quigly, even if you open your eyes in that stuff you wouldnt be able to see a thing so whats the point in that. The peripheral vision is a terrible drawback of glasses and even the skewed vision after you take your glasses off (you still feel like you're wearing them). Not to mention the lack of vision from being fogged up when a person is physically active, you need windshield wipers for those things alot of the time. :eek: This complaining is not directed toward anyone on the forum but i just don't see why it is such a big deal. Glasses should be used as a backup in case contacts do get infected or eyes become sore, not as primary visual aid unless chosen by the individual. Who knows best how we can see but us.

I hope there is some way i can wear my contacts for physical activities... otherwise i might just be scr*wed... any solid info on consistently accepted policy regarding glasses during physical activity at OCS????

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
Glasses Question

Shadow9660 said:
Samadma,
My question was regarding glasses (BCG's when issued), and what times we are allowed not to wear them (O course, runs, etc) versus the times I do need them like seeing lecture boards far away...in other words, when and where can you leave your glasses behind for certain events?

No one is going to tell you when and were to wear you glasses. I just used them to look at the board at OCS. Other than that, I never wore them. At TBS, I wore them as safety glasses for the Rifle/Pistol range. Other than that, I really didn't need them. I'd never wear them for inspection because that just adds to the things they can gig you for.

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.