• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any AW's going to be at Mardi Gras this weekend?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Some non-AW A (as in not on this site) friends of mine made the trip from helo land....sounded like a good time was had. Gotta love the 8:30 AM PST hammered drunk call telling me to get my ass down there....."dude, I'm in OR"

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I met some very nice cougars down there. They let me use their shower. The rest of the day/night was a little blurry...

Epic weekend.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was on Bourbon until three am Friday night, then dragged myself out of bed at 7 Saturday morning for 15 solid hours of parade watching/drinking/wandering around bourbon street seeing "the sights." My friends family boiled up a 120lbs of crawfish outside their RV. Awesome weekend, but definitely wouldn't have survived another day.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hahaha, I knew we had to get up at seven, glad I got the sleep I did, otherwise I would never have made it all day.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Hahaha, I knew we had to get up at seven, glad I got the sleep I did, otherwise I would never have made it all day.

The secret is power naps my friend (2 hrs tops, every 12).....don't believe the BS they fed us in API :p

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
We left at midnight Weds night/Thurs morning. Drove all night and got there about 1 pm. Proceeded to get huge scrimp po' boys and visited several bead stores. Got out to the parades, drank hurricanes and hand grenades, bourbon street, left at 0 dark 30. Got some rest, rinse and repeat.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Violent crime in New Orleans? Surely you jest...

"I'm off to Afghanistan this summer. Damn, this is more dangerous than Afghanistan," Parry said.

New Orleans is worse than a 3rd world collection of warring tribes? Sounds about right. What a fucking dump.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'd never been to a city before where I felt like one turn down the wrong street could leave me dead......until I went to NOLA. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun town, but it feels a little eerie to me.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Anyone know if the ENSs riding on the King's float and on a float in the Mystics of Time parades in Mobile were SNAs? I've got some decent pictures of both of them as soon as I get back home.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Anyone know if the ENSs riding on the King's float and on a float in the Mystics of Time parades in Mobile were SNAs? I've got some decent pictures of both of them as soon as I get back home.

Were they JROTC? I saw quite of few of those dirtbag looking teenagers.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Nope, they both had stripes on their SDBs and officer crests on their covers.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was a Navy recruiting float (done up to look like the USS Constitution), that had a couple of SWO ensigns riding on it, along with a couple of aviators (LCDRs i think?) and a bunch of enlisted. They were chucking Navy cups and coins. Maybe the same guys?