• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any MIDN with pilot licenses out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
So, If someone had time would you recommend they go to a flight school while in college?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
fc2spyguy said:
So, If someone had time would you recommend they go to a flight school while in college?

is there a black hole on this site or what?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've got my commercial license and instrument rating with a few hundred hours of time in C152's, C172's, C182's, Piper Arrow's, Piper Warrior's and Beech Bonanzas

What kinda aircraft do other people here have time in?

woopage25

I've got my commercial license and am working on my Multi right now. I think it helps so much. There is only one other Midn in my unit that has his pilots license. By the time I graduate i'll be a CFI-I. If you guys have any questions about flying, maybe I could help.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
yeah, not to mention the fact that its fun as hell :icon_smil
thats pretty cool though....how do you like flying multis?

woopage25

Its pretty sweet. All of my time is in C-172's and C-172 RG's. It feels more like an airplane. I fly a Piper Seminole. Its a blast! Cant wait till Flight School!!!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
nice...we got a seminole with a glass cockpit right before I finished my comm. check ride, and I was jealous that some of my other classmates who were still in the program were gonna get to do their multis in it. :(

yeah, i know what you mean...those cessnas feel real dinky once youve flown something bigger. Personally I loved the Piper Arrows, really steady for instrument stuff. Bonanzas are fun but more demanding of the pilot....probably more on the level with your seminole experience. Do you plan on getting an instructor job before you're finished with school? I have wanted to do that but it seems like time would be too much of an issue...

woopage25

Yeah flying the Seminole is pretty sweet. I havent flown anything else though. Kinda sucks, but whatever, at least I'm flying. I'm so eager to graduate and goto flight school. All of my firends that graduate and select aviation have been stationed in Jacksonville (where i goto school) for almost a year. I've thought about becoming a flight instructor for Delta Connection Academy (where i goto school), that way I can fly for that year after i graduate and keep current, and also have the benefits being able to fly anywhere Delta of any Delta conection goes for free. I dont really know though. Its still a little more than a year away, anything can happen. We'll see.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
MIDNJAC said:
What kinda aircraft do other people here have time in?

I've mostly got time in Cherokee Warriors and older 172's, but recenly I have been building time in 152's, Arrow's, 182's, the new 172SP's and even got to fly a Cirrus SR20 (damn them for being 1 horsepower shy of High Performance!). It was a pretty sweet plane, but it took a little getting use to with the side yoke. Also, the 2 large MFDs gave out an enormous amount of info and it was a little overwhelming at first. When I went to the AOPA convention this year in Long Beach, they had a Lancair 400 mockup on display. From sitting in the seat, I think that would be nicer because it offers a side stick as compared to a side yoke. All in all, the Cirrus was a pretty sweet bird!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
yeah, I've had my eye on the cirrus lately; sounds like its a pretty sweet ride. Hows the climb performance for those? Any good in short fields? I would definitely appreciate something with a stick.....one ride in my dad's buddy's
T-34 convinced me of that

Status
Not open for further replies.