• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone else heard of Married couple both going through OCS?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
motiv8r said:
no sh!t. Just imagine the games they could come up with. What's more, I'm sure the LRC/combat course/SULE would be a f-ing blast if you had your spouse in the same fire team. Put it this way, if the marriage can survive being in the same company together at OCS, it can survive just about anything.

Well its not going to happen but I could think of something that might be more of a challenge...to be on alternating deployment cycles...he is deployed for 6 months, comes back after she leaves for 6 months...not a good situation...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jamnww said:
Well its not going to happen but I could think of something that might be more of a challenge...to be on alternating deployment cycles...he is deployed for 6 months, comes back after she leaves for 6 months...not a good situation...
That happens all the time, regardless of whether the two are in the same command.

Brett

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Brett327 said:
That happens all the time, regardless of whether the two are in the same command.

Brett

How many of those marrages make it? I can't even imagine that type of conflict and stress...

SMARTI

jamnww said:

I know that would suck, but it is a real factor to consider, and we are fully aware of that. .....Man, that does suck! :(

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jamnww said:
How many of those marrages make it? I can't even imagine that type of conflict and stress...
The last example I know was a chick in my squadron that was married to a dude in another Prowler squadron. After a couple cycles of out of phase deployments, she decided to get out and do the reserve thing. For those who are "crumb-cruncher" minded, both people being on sea duty doesn't work real well.

Brett

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Schnuggapup said:
Don't expect to share a room...

jamnww said:
Marine OCS is not situated by rooms...they have squadbays and the female PLT has a seperate one of those...

Let me try that again for those that take things literally....

[heavy sarcasm]

[/heavy sarcasm]

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Schnuggapup said:
Let me try that again for those that take things literally....

[heavy sarcasm]

[/heavy sarcasm]

Ok, so I don't catch the sarcasm sometimes...but thanks for clarifying...