• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone going frozen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe

If I don't get orders to occ 190 than i'm gonna try for frozen... hopefully ill just be a part of Artic Alpha Co and At TBS instead at that point.. fingers crossed..

junfan26

Snake Griffin
I had PRK in March, so the 6-month waiver means I'm shooting for 191. Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong, but I'd rather go frozen than in the summer - I can always warm up eventually, and you won't have to deal with the snakes. Either way, it's gonna be a hell of a time.

devildog2307

Yeah, no doubt. Well, an OCS that's too cold, too hot, or too uncomfortable doesn't exist. :) I'm a warm weather fan myself, but on the positive side of things, at least in 191 you should'nt have to worry about chiggers, ticks, poison ivy, etc etc. I'm going for Air, God willing, and I pass my flight physical. :)

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Don't sweat the flight physical. Its not bad at all. I mean it sucks, but the flight surgeons are not out to get you. Mine was totally cool. All went well.

Malice 1

pilot
The candidates that were in last year's winter OCC got punished. 2 days after pickup, the temp dropped into the 0X's, and it didn't come up for like 4 weeks. It snowed constantly. It was one of the crappiest winters ever in the Washington area.

Normally, it wouldn't be tooo bad, but the winter weather trends here have gotten steadily worse over the past 3 years. I fear what this winter will bring. (especially since I am a summer freak)

devildog2307

Malice 1 said:
The candidates that were in last year's winter OCC got punished. 2 days after pickup, the temp dropped into the 0X's, and it didn't come up for like 4 weeks. It snowed constantly. It was one of the crappiest winters ever in the Washington area.

Normally, it wouldn't be tooo bad, but the winter weather trends here have gotten steadily worse over the past 3 years. I fear what this winter will bring. (especially since I am a summer freak)

That's daggone motivating.

CTE83

yeah, I heard this last winter they ran their initial PFT in 20-something degrees. :eek: Definitely didn't envy them.

Yeah I live/went to college 20 minutes from quantico.. it was pretty brutal winter last year. Maybe VA will finally have a warm winter like I came here from connecticut for, instead of random blizzards and 40 degree temperature shifts day to day.

stevo01

all the stated above, about class 188(this past january) is true.

coldest i have ever been in my life...miserable. My main priority is to go back this october, but if i cant get in then, i will be going back in january.

starting all over from pickup is not going to be fun...damn it was and is going to be cold...again

Status
Not open for further replies.