• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone going frozen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus

CTE83 said:
yeah, I heard this last winter they ran their initial PFT in 20-something degrees. :eek: Definitely didn't envy them.
Awww, it was OUTSTANDING there motivator! I ran 'till my lungs burned!
While Charlie Co at OCS isn't for everyone, it can be done! Nothing like going through the Quigely AFTER they had to break the ice on it! Watching your fellow candidates fall into hypothermic shock only makes you move faster, you get that? Makes you hard!
And **** if Charlie Co TBS after isn't the most locked-on group of hard bastards that goes through each year.

....or maybe it was the lack of Academy pogues.... :p

Cerberus

T-man said:
I'm pretty sure that the terms "OCS" and "fun" are mutually exclusive... ;)
Nah. After the first say...4 weeks it isn't SO bad. If your platoon can get itself organized and do what needs to be done the Gunnys will let you run your own show for the most part. Be a leader and they let you do your thing.

junfan26

Snake Griffin
What, running until you drop while the toughest SOB in the world whispers into your ear about how many people he's killed (with you being the next) while you crawl (in this case, freeze) through a snake-infested swamp doesn't sound like fun? Maybe it's just me, then.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
FlyingFortress said:
Any of you guys have specific dates for when your OCC-191 packages are due or when the board is?

Last years board for winter met the week of November 15th. I figure they should logically meet around the same time. I just searched for some old 188 threads and then searched within those threads. Master Searcher. Good luck.

riley

Not to be the one to rain on y'alls parade, but there is never a good time to be at Quantico. If you freeze your ass off in OCS, you'll be sweating it off at TBS.

By the way - the ticks are the most motivating aspect.......

devildog2307

Ha, yeah. My old man simply stated "The path to a comission is not for the faint of heart, and no matter what, you will both freeze and fry at quantico, no way to avoid either."

Malice 1

pilot
devildog2307 said:
Ha, yeah. My old man simply stated "The path to a comission is not for the faint of heart, and no matter what, you will both freeze and fry at quantico, no way to avoid either."

I wish I had read that a year ago. I Took 24 credit hours at school to graduate one semester early, so I could go to TBS during the summer. Well, I graduated last December, and I am slated for TBS this coming November. My plan didn't work, at all. D'oh!

devildog2307

Malice 1 said:
I wish I had read that a year ago. I Took 24 credit hours at school to graduate one semester early, so I could go to TBS during the summer. Well, I graduated last December, and I am slated for TBS this coming November. My plan didn't work, at all. D'oh!

When did you go to ocs?

riley

Arctic Alpha won't be that bad. Just think on the bright side - sure, the rifle range will suck for you. But you won't have any vegetation for land nav, and the only FEX that should be really cold for you will be FEX I, which is an admin FEX anyways. Your last FEX will take place before the ticks are out in force.

Status
Not open for further replies.