• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone trying for the January OCC class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megrey06

Kingsville
I had been working for the 6 October class, but decided to wait and get my PFT where it really needs to be. With that in mind, I'm trying for the January OCC class. Just wondered if anyone else out there might be doing the same?

After all, what's three extra months if you get to do what you love?

-Matt

mpratt

Matt,

I just started the process about two weeks ago. I am taking the ASTB next week. I am shooting for the January OCC class as long as everything goes according to my plans. Good luck with your PFT.

Mark

megrey06

Kingsville
Mark,
That's good to hear. What day are you taking the ASTB? Good luck with it. Do you know on what date the review board actually meets? My recruiter just said some time in Nov - Dec.

What did you think of the 53 when you were in before? I've known Cobra and 46 guys, but I don't know anyone who has flown the 53. From what I understand, it's a pretty nimble bird.

-Matt

mpratt

Matt,

My recruiter said the same about the the date of the board. Aug. 8 at 0830 is my ASTB. Have you taken it? How did you do? I've been studying the math part relentlessly.

I loved the 53, I would actually like to be able to fly it this time around. When I was in before I got some stick time, but nowhere near as much as I wanted. Actually I don't care what the Marines give me to fly, I just want to get back in the air.

Mark

megrey06

Kingsville
Mark,
I took the ASTB back in May. I actually thought that the test was easier than the study guide (I'd still study as much as you can). My scores were AQR - 6, PFAR - 7, OAR - 51. I felt pretty good about the test, and I only took it once.

I feel the same way about aircraft. I've got my own personal goals, but I know that I'll love being a Marine and flying no matter what.

-Matt

Hudson

Matt,
I am trying for the Jan date as well. I was just turned down by the Navy because they raised their test score requirements the day I submitted. The Marine recruter called this morning and offered to try and get me in. Good luck to you and hope to see you there.
Hudson

AdamS

Hey guys, forgive if this is a stupid question, but it seems like there are earlier Marine dates for OCS. Is this correct, or simply my misperception?

Also, is it considered any easier to get accepted by the marines if perchance you are unsuccessful in getting selected by the navy? Just curious.

megrey06

Kingsville
Hudson: Best of luck to you. I hope to see you there as well. I'm right there with you as far as missing it the first time around (Navy). Got my notice last month. Keep it up.

AdamS: Yes, the Marine Corps has a class in January and the board has not yet met for that class. As far as easier, I would classify it as different. I've been told by a pretty reliable source that although not hurting for aviators, the Marine Corps is likely to accept a well qualified applicant regardless of the number of "slots"
available.

-Matt

Beaver

I initially applied for the October class, but my application got sent back because the MArines are apparently not accepting any more ground officers for a while. So instead of waiting for another year, I'm trying to get in as a pilot. I'll probably take the test within the next couple of weeks. My recruiter said there's a few spots left open for January. Good luck to all of you guys who are also applying for January.

VTHokie2002

quote:
I initially applied for the October class, but my application got sent back because the MArines are apparently not accepting any more ground officers for a while.

Me too! Thats exactly what happened to me. So now I am taking the ASTB in the morning. I just want to serve my country, never really thought about being in the air because I dont have 20/20 vision. But, if there is a shot to be a RIO with 20/20 correctable vision in the USMC, then I am going to take it. First things first, GET A SLOT AT OCS!!! Hey, good luck to everyone else as well.

HHH

Beaver

So I just passed the ASTB. It wasn't as bad as I had built it up to be. I go for my physical next week. Good luck for anyone else taking the test for the January class. Study the aviation/nautical material.

kmc9280

I am applying for the Jan 03 class. I've taken the ASTB and did fine on it, just study the book! All I have left to do is contract. I hope to see you guys there.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.