• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying for NROTC 4-yr scholarship 2009

Yeah, definitely won't give up. If NROTC doesn't work out there are many routes you can take. I know of a few for the Navy at least. Plus, experience before becoming an officer would help a lot and would gain respect.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I turned in my application early November, but I still haven't heard anything back. The guy from the local NROTC scholarship office said I should hear something late December. My application looks something like:

HS GPA: 3.75
SAT score: 1250 (650 math 600 reading) Also, the website doesn't show my updated scores, but when I called a lady said she had it on file. Does the selection board then have it?
Currently interning at NASA, also worked my junior year (currently a senior if you didn't put that together)
President/Founder of Clear Creek Aviation Club
Boxing/kickboxing for sophomore and junior years
Member of CAP for about a year
Intended major: Mechanical Engineering

I also think I wrote a pretty good essay. The guy at the scholarship office said "btw nice essays" when he told me he got my application.

Am I looking good?

That'll change to Liberal Arts in no time. ;)

torpedo0126

That'll change to Liberal Arts in no time. ;)

Nope, not with the Navy's new "tiered" system. They made it much harder to transfer majors once you've committed to engineering. I'm not sure how the new system works exactly, but once you've agreed to engineering, unless your switching disciplines, there is a chance you could lose your scholarship by switching to a "3rd tier" major.