• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to OCS, but feel stuck at a crossroad.

w
I worked with several reservist who were selected that had MP's and P's, most were a mix but I did have one that was selected for Supply that had straight P's for like 4 years. He did have a 3.9 GPA in Business Administration.

IWC is one of those that is impossible to give a percentage without knowing who else has applied, aviation in general is fairly easy as it all goes off of the ASTB.

Get above 50 and reapply so there are no waiver issues holding you back.
I know it is and it stinks that you cannot see how competitive the other people were in getting selected. And from what I have seen on other posts it seems like the appraisals are not really considered during the board either. Would you say its mostly LOR and GPA?

exNavyOffRec

w

I know it is and it stinks that you cannot see how competitive the other people were in getting selected. And from what I have seen on other posts it seems like the appraisals are not really considered during the board either. Would you say its mostly LOR and GPA?
GPA and degree, then LOR's if they talk about how they know you. over time the average GPA of those selected is 3.5 but the important thing is to avoid a waiver.

GPA and degree, then LOR's if they talk about how they know you. over time the average GPA of those selected is 3.5 but the important thing is to avoid a waiver.

So since I am not apart of the IW community because I am an HM by trade, most of my appraisals and LOR from officers in the community are from single meeting I have set up through networking. from what I have learned from the forums on here is that LORs should be from people that have worked with applicant and cover job performance rather than character. Unfortunately because of coming from a rate not in the community I can't really get those type of LORs.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So since I am not apart of the IW community because I am an HM by trade, most of my appraisals and LOR from officers in the community are from single meeting I have set up through networking. from what I have learned from the forums on here is that LORs should be from people that have worked with applicant and cover job performance rather than character. Unfortunately because of coming from a rate not in the community I can't really get those type of LORs.

This is where professional interviews come in, where senior members in the community you're applying for can make a candid assessment. Perhaps you didn't do well in those either?

BlueWater89

The max age for aviation is commissioned by 32, that means in OCS by age 31 and 9 months, not sure if you just turned 31 or not.

There have been times where it has been SWO or go home, there have been times when it isn't, a recruiter wouldn't be able to predict what will happen in the future.

You have a good degree and GPA to go for anything in IWC.
You can go into aviation at your age. I started down that path and I am 34. It became a pipe dream because my scores were not that great on the flight test. But I was told you could do a waiver.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You can go into aviation at your age. I started down that path and I am 34. It became a pipe dream because my scores were not that great on the flight test. But I was told you could do a waiver.

Unless you’re prior service very doubtful an age waiver will lead to a selection.

This is where professional interviews come in, where senior members in the community you're applying for can make a candid assessment. Perhaps you didn't do well in those either?
I did 7 interviews. 4 out of the 7 were 1830s one O3, 2 O4s and one O6 and the others were one O5 that was 1820 and another O5 that was 1810 and the last one was a nurse corps O6. With all 7 interviews I got 10s across the board. To clarify if your prior service the age waiver does get marked against you when applying for pilot?

exNavyOffRec

IWC has been known to reject people for various things, or it could be that your waiver held you back as others with waivers were just better.

There were boards where the IWC due to the number of people rejected anyone with less than a 3.0, there were boards where Supply rejected everyone with any type of non-medical waiver. IWC has at times been cautious of selecting people with too much TIS waiver or not. It could be that you are not from an IWC background and your TIS?

The best thing you can do is again get rid of that waiver tag and then see what happens, you can't get your GPA any better, your interviews are fine so there really isn't much anything else you can do.