• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
This is random but does anyone else get banner ads on this site for "Young Asian Singles" dating sites or the ad that says "Do you have these symptoms" and has a picture of a long haired coke-addict looking dude sitting on the shitter? They are the most random ads....wtf?

I see that ad too. I blame it on my Asian wife. My computer knows my preferences. ;-)

brogdawg32

I'm just waiting for RUFIO or NavyoffRec to say that 50 applicants were turned in on one day and the board is happening this Monday.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
Finally got word today that my kit has made it to the Program manager's desk without any problems. Apparently there had been a discrepancy earlier where the computer showed it was still at the NUPOC professional board but now it's fixed just in time. Cost me missing the last board, but now I should be on this one. I need to start running more...

Finally got word today that my kit has made it to the Program manager's desk without any problems. Apparently there had been a discrepancy earlier where the computer showed it was still at the NUPOC professional board but now it's fixed just in time. Cost me missing the last board, but now I should be on this one. I need to start running more...

What's your run time?

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
Last I checked it was 12 minutes, but it's been a while. I got caught up in a bunch of medical crap over winter and for a while didn't think I'd get past N3M so I let my PT slack. Also more pushups...and situps. Yeah.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
I just wanted to beat 10:52 so I can make the Excellent category for my age group. I'll get there before too long.

DPS2114

I was told to post my original question in this thread that deals with age waivers and OCS.

"I was pro rec’d for pilot in the beginning of March and I am nervous about my final select. I turn 27 on October 19, 2014. If I am not at OCS by July 19 2014 I will not get commissioned until after I turn 27. Will I need an age waiver for this? If so is there a way to apply for this sooner than later and how should I go about it to make sure I get a waiver.

Any input is appreciated."

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
I was told to post my original question in this thread that deals with age waivers and OCS.

"I was pro rec’d for pilot in the beginning of March and I am nervous about my final select. I turn 27 on October 19, 2014. If I am not at OCS by July 19 2014 I will not get commissioned until after I turn 27. Will I need an age waiver for this? If so is there a way to apply for this sooner than later and how should I go about it to make sure I get a waiver.

From what I understand, if you're not prior active duty, the age waiver is out of the question and you'll have to hope to get to OCS before July 19. If you are prior service, then there's some specifics that I'll let someone else answer but ultimately you should be fine.

cb812

SNA

Make sure your recruiter indicates that you are AGE CRITICAL and the PM can work to get you in an early OCS class. I do know that there is a July 20th class but that will still be too late. You will have to shoot for one of the June classes. Apparently they leave a few slots open in each class for age critical guys. Just be diligent with your recruiter and they should be able to work with PM and try to make something happen. Once in OCS, and depending on your class date, you will have to be sure not to roll back in order to graduate in time. And yes, I believe age waivers are only considered for candidates with past active duty time.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Make sure your recruiter indicates that you are AGE CRITICAL and the PM can work to get you in an early OCS class. I do know that there is a July 20th class but that will still be too late. You will have to shoot for one of the June classes. Apparently they leave a few slots open in each class for age critical guys. Just be diligent with your recruiter and they should be able to work with PM and try to make something happen. Once in OCS, and depending on your class date, you will have to be sure not to roll back in order to graduate in time. And yes, I believe age waivers are only considered for candidates with past active duty time.

[not the guy that asked the question]
I'm in a somewhat similar boat. I turn 27 in March of next year, so I'll have to enter OCS by Early December and hope to whatever deity that I don't get held back for whatever reason. To say that I'm nervous is an understatement.