• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Mitigates

Pro-Rec Y SNA
I unfortunately haven't been able to get my status on my packet. I "submitted" it late February. Will I have to go through my processor or recruiter to see my status, or would any officer recruiter be able to check that for me? - time permitting.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I saw the Blue Angles today, if that isn't motivation I don't know what is.

Attachments

• IMG_20140412_160127.jpg
    IMG_20140412_160127.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 18
FIFY...:oops:

They were scheduled at Thunder Over Louisville KY.
BzB

I think he was referring to this...

obtuse_triangle.png

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Yep it was in Louisville, KY, Thunder Over Louisville was the event. Sorry for the typos I want to get this out as fast as possible. I'm actually still sittting in traffic. I've been hanging out with old friends and I also passed the PRT today on the run. (Long road coming, if I make this board I'm sure I'll explain when we are suffering though OCS together).

I'll check my spelling more carefully next time :D

I also apologize for my heresy :D

Last edited:

The_Pants

Yep it was in Louisville, KY, Thunder Over Louisville was the event. Sorry for the typos I want to get this out as fast as possible. I'm actually still sittting in traffic. I've been hanging out with old friends and I also passed the PRT today on the run. (Long road coming, if I make this board I'm sure I'll explain when we are suffering though OCS together).

I'll check my spelling more carefully next time :D

I also apologize for my heresy :D
saw them as well. they are always impressive. but that f-22 was pretty sweet. first time I've ever seen one in flight. those engines roar.

Kees

SNA Select
saw them as well. they are always impressive. but that f-22 was pretty sweet. first time I've ever seen one in flight. those engines roar.

The F-22 is a pretty slick jet. I had the pleasure of watching them daily while being stationed in Hawaii the last few years. Still, I found myself drooling a bit more when the Hornets would visit.

The F-22 is a pretty slick jet. I had the pleasure of watching them daily while being stationed in Hawaii the last few years. Still, I found myself drooling a bit more when the Hornets would visit.

Enjoy them while you can, it won't be long until the Air Force is just a bunch of machines. That's why they had the big retention bonus last year because pilots were leaving since they were being stripped from the cockpit and told to fly drones. We could all very well be the last generation of pilots in the Navy too, let's just hope that happens after we retire! lol

Kees

SNA Select
Enjoy them while you can, it won't be long until the Air Force is just a bunch of machines. That's why they had the big retention bonus last year because pilots were leaving since they were being stripped from the cockpit and told to fly drones. We could all very well be the last generation of pilots in the Navy too, let's just hope that happens after we retire! lol

A lot of pilots are also leaving because of the PC police. Most of the fighter pilot traditions--including naming ceremonies--are being altered or stripped completely because they are "offensive." Call signs now have to be approved by Wing Commanders prior to naming ceremonies and I know of a couple of fighter guys who lost call signs they earned in combat because of their questionable nature. Some figure, why make sacrifices, put up with the PC b.s., and kill traditions that date back to WWI when one can get out and make significantly more in the commercial world without all the knee-jerk solutions?

It's a different world these days. Clearly UAVs are not an incentive, so $225K enlistment bonuses have been brought into the picture.

Last edited:

The_Pants

I agree, Hornets will always be my favorite. The F/A-18 is flawless, it's just so badass. But yeah I was reading an article in some aviation magazine talking about how the majority of fighter pilots will eventually be replaced by drones. The Navy even revealed their latest drone that can land on an aircraft carrier. Hopefully, we are not the last generation of "fighter pilots" - I say that b/c when is the last time Navy pilots were in a full out dog fight? Do you know of any ace pilots that attained that title in the last 10-15 years? If I could I would totally go back in time and fly during WWII with a P-51. Is that not one of the reasons why most of us are joining? It would be a godsend to experience a dog fight with some Russian Migs. I hope the aviation community can stall or maybe even stop this transition to drones. Who wants to "fly" their aircraft from behind a computer desk...