• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aussies: Not over the moon about Super Hornet

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
if we just had a SIPR airwarriors ...

They already do, more or less - look on the right side of the page, about halfway down. "Analyst Forum". Wouldn't be hard at all to build a thread (or set of threads) relevant to some of the things discussed here; many arguments could be settled with real genuine factoids.

Of course, there are no bitchin avatars or witty movie quotes yet. Yet...:icon_tong

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Are you talking about the one on IntelLINK homepage? I've used it before ... it's kinda quite but seemed like analysts jumped out the woodwork when I posted a couple Q's there. "Analysts", funny and strange creatures... my first experience with "analysts" was just after I hit the fleet when I went to HARM school.

S/F

They already do, more or less - look on the right side of the page, about halfway down. "Analyst Forum". Wouldn't be hard at all to build a thread (or set of threads) relevant to some of the things discussed here; many arguments could be settled with real genuine factoids.

Of course, there are no bitchin avatars or witty movie quotes yet. Yet...:icon_tong

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Are you talking about the one on IntelLINK homepage? I've used it before ... it's kinda quite but seemed like analysts jumped out the woodwork when I posted a couple Q's there. "Analysts", funny and strange creatures... my first experience with "analysts" was just after I hit the fleet when I went to HARM school.
Yep, that's it. A lot like here, where people jump in with all sorts of feedback on any given topic. The "signal to noise ratio" can be a bit low sometimes, but at least you have the advantage there of people citing actual sources, rather than Youtube or "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend...." I'll post something there today or tomorrow relative to some of the more recent discussions and see what kind of participation we can get.

And yes, analysts are an odd lot. Some of them are clearly "underemployed"....:)

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I searched but I couldn't find the answer. Will they (the Aussies) be getting ACS, AESA, JHMCS, ANAV, ATFLIR, IDECM, [SIZE=-1]or MIDS[/SIZE] on their Rhinos?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Australian request

I searched but I couldn't find the answer. Will they (the Aussies) be getting ACS, AESA, JHMCS, ANAV, ATFLIR, IDECM, [SIZE=-1]or MIDS[/SIZE] on their Rhinos?

From the official request:

24 F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Aircraft, 48 F414-GE-402 installed engines, 6 F414-GE-402 spare engines, 24 AN/APG-79 Radar Systems, 24 AN/USQ-140 Multifunctional Informational Distribution System Low Volume Terminals, 30 AN/ALR-67(V)3 Electric Warfare Countermeasures Receiving Sets, 145 LAU-127 Guided Missile Launchers and 30 AN/PVS-9 Night Vision Goggles. The proposal will include integration of the AN/ALE-47 Electronic Warfare Countermeasures Systems, Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems, 12 Joint Mission Planning Systems, and AN/ALE-55 Fiber Optic Towed Decoys.

See: http://www.dsca.osd.mil/PressReleases/36-b/2007/Australia_07-13.pdf