• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Community!

Tombstone

I was just wondering has there been any changes in the Navy aviation community? Is it still a good time to try to get a pilot slot in the Navy? My recruiter said it varies from time to time but I was wanting to ask all of you? I have a fairly good package according to him everything is ok except for my ASTB for which I am taking again. It wasn't bad I just needed to get it a little higher. I have been excepted for Marine OCS but am still caught in deciding which one to pick! Any info will be appreciated!

Respectfully,
Tombstone

MasterBates

He cannot spell, so he is either going to be a Marine, or the XO's new best friend.

Also! You do not need to title all your threads with an exclamation point! It does not make us answer faster!! And it cranks my sarcasm to 11!!!

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I was just wondering has there been any changes in the Navy aviation community? Is it still a good time to try to get a pilot slot in the Navy? My recruiter said it varies from time to time but I was wanting to ask all of you? I have a fairly good package according to him everything is ok except for my ASTB for which I am taking again. It wasn't bad I just needed to get it a little higher. I have been excepted for Marine OCS but am still caught in deciding which one to pick! Any info will be appreciated!

Respectfully,
Tombstone

Good timing comes and goes, and is a matter of perspective. You will never know if you don't apply. Changewise, it seems virtually all aviation communities are undergowing some sort of change presently, or will be in the forseeable future...P-3 to P-8, Prowler to Growler, Hornet-JSF and the helo master plan...

As for you being accepted to Marine OCS, IIRC you have a flight slot. If that is the case, think long and hard before you give that up. If I was you, I would plan on going unless the Navy gave me a definitive acceptance, and a reason to weigh options. Right now, the only choices you really have are going, or not going...don't piss away a great opportunity.

Tombstone

That is kinda what I am heading toward Zippy it is just a very hard decision! As for Masterbates I know I can't spell so don't rub it in YO! I am from KENTUCKY for god sakes enought said! Thanks for the replies everyone if you here anything else please let me know!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That is kinda what I am heading toward Zippy it is just a very hard decision! As for Masterbates I know I can't spell so don't rub it in YO! I am from KENTUCKY for god sakes enought said! Thanks for the replies everyone if you here anything else please let me know!

Is that Kentucky white boy hip-hop speak, YO

Brett

Tom

pilot
Contributor

Must you always yell when you type? Must be excess pep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor

So what we have here is a southerner admitting that they are dumb? :icon_tong :)

Hick.jpg

Tombstone

You are all full of shit. I am going to say to all of you the only thing I learned in German class. LICH MEINE AUS ARSH.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
You are all full of shit. I am going to say to all of you the only thing I learned in German class. LICH MEINE AUS ARSH.

Word of Advice: Be able to take cheap shots, especially in Naval Aviation. It's all about making fun of others but laughing about it as well. Don't take it so personally. You will learn to grow thick skin very quickly in this community. I know I did :icon_wink

staff03

deployment

Hopefully this is the right place to post this: I just spoke to an ex Air Force pilot about being a pilot in the Navy. He told me about the deployment timelines and said that in general cases, pilots will go on deployment for about 6 months and then at home for 18 months. I was curious if this is correct, and if not then what is the general situation on being deployed in the Navy. Any help will be useful, thanks.