• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Community!

KSUFLY

pilot
Changewise, it seems virtually all aviation communities are undergowing some sort of change presently, or will be in the forseeable future...P-3 to P-8, Prowler to Growler, Hornet-JSF and the helo master plan...QUOTE]

What about the changes in the COD community??? Anything??? Are extra ???s as good as extra !!!s?

TSmyth

pilot
You are all full of shit. I am going to say to all of you the only thing I learned in German class. LICH MEINE AUS ARSH.

I can't be the only one who has seen a growing trend of pilot wannabe's on AW displaying blatant stupidity towards possible future fellow/superior officers? I'm very green myself so I have no soapbox/frame of reference to know if this is a new thing or if it's been around for a while.
Not sure what his background is, but if he goes OCS, I certainly hope the gunnys find out that he was a cheerleader.

have the best day ever

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I can't be the only one who has seen a growing trend of pilot wannabe's on AW displaying blatant stupidity towards possible future fellow/superior officers? I'm very green myself so I have no soapbox/frame of reference to know if this is a new thing or if it's been around for a while.
Not sure what his background is, but if he goes OCS, I certainly hope the gunnys find out that he was a cheerleader.

have the best day ever

O it will come out in the wash. He couldn't even keep it a secret on an internet forum. The guy must have known that he would take shit for his "spirit" but he told us anyway. :confused:

phrogpilot73

I can't be the only one who has seen a growing trend of pilot wannabe's on AW displaying blatant stupidity towards possible future fellow/superior officers?
It's not just you, I have noticed the same disturbing trend. I'm sure that if the OCS instructors don't correct the problem, their first squadron will. I'm not quite sure what is going on with the whole "I'm owed something" attitude of these guys...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Hopefully this is the right place to post this: I just spoke to an ex Air Force pilot about being a pilot in the Navy. He told me about the deployment timelines and said that in general cases, pilots will go on deployment for about 6 months and then at home for 18 months. I was curious if this is correct, and if not then what is the general situation on being deployed in the Navy. Any help will be useful, thanks.

Not if FRP is full effect. I belive it stands for Fleet Response Plan. I deployed twice within a year......two 5 month deployments.

phrogpilot73

I've deployed 3 times in 4 years -

8 months deployed, 14 months home
7 months deployed, 9 months home
6 months deployed, getting out...

18 months home is the "Pre-9/11" norm...