• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Policy for Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoastieG

Different strokes, different folks. Dont worry about it. Thanks for the input, I will remember to avoid tuna sandwhiches. ;)

puking is not so bad, we do it every day in the coast guard. ;)

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Luckily for me, I get sea sick a lot quicker and worse than I get air sick. I have to take the pills every time we get underway and it sucks when I forge them when I wake up. It was never bad on the big ships (LHD and CVN), but on a DDG I'm horrible.

GTIGirlVR6

Talking about weight waivers....someone mentioned a waiver for 135?!? How often, or more I should say how LIKELY is it that they would waiver a person is ALMOST 100 lbs. ( I could try to gain a few?!?!)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
GTIGirlVR6 said:
Talking about weight waivers....someone mentioned a waiver for 135?!? How often, or more I should say how LIKELY is it that they would waiver a person is ALMOST 100 lbs. ( I could try to gain a few?!?!)

That is pretty low, it would probably depend on the type of aircraft you were in. Different jets have different types of seats and consequently different limits. I think the T-6 Texan II has the widest wieght range partially to accomodate women, but that is less than 5 years old with the latest seats. Prowlers had pretty old seats so it had tighter restrictions. If I remember correctly, the Harrier had pretty restrictive seats too.

The only women that I knew who were around 100 pds were too small for jets, mainly because of their size (pretty petite, around 5') but ejection seat restrictions would have factored into it as well. With newer jets (Super Hornets) coming on line though, the restrictions might have been expanded. The only people that will be able to give you a definitive answer are the physiology people (and even they screw up sometimes).

Status
Not open for further replies.