• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B-17 Over San Diego

plc67

pilot
Back in 73/74 I was returning to El Toro in a T-28 and down low I saw a B-17 rigged out as a fire bomber. Kind of a sad sight. Now they are very rare and I don't think I've ever seen a B-29 in flight.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Best $400 I ever spent...1000' in a Fortress.

attachment.php

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
yeah, it's a long story, but I wasn't going to freeball it, nor go flying in short sleeves.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
wow....he must be a beartrap guy.......
cool pics. Your likeness to Alex Delarge is uncanny!!! Did the norden work???

Airborne502nd

I could see me old house from the video. I lived in a house over looking that airport. In fact the my house was right under the landing pattern for Gillespie Field. Does of you that know the area, I lived off Swallow Drive. As a hobby, I do WW II re-enacting and at a public battle we put on at a air show, we had a B-25 doing bombing run on the German's position and a P-51 doing strafing run. The P-51 was passing over our head by only 30 feet above the ground. Also do any of you Tomcat driver that were based at Miramar remember a Tomcat crashing at the end of the runway at Gillespie Field during the 90's. I was only 5 or 6 years old but I remember the black smoke column and see both the Pilot and RIO parachutes deployed. I believe the crew were ok and I remember that Cuyamaca St. had to be close because debris on the road.