• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Badges ribbons etc..

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Switching to humor.....
Reserves get a ribbon for 10 years of Reserve Duty. We always like to kid those proud wearers of that ribbon that it was a warning to active duty folks that the individual may have 10 years of reserve duty, but that equated to 10 x 2 weeks and 10 x 11 x 2 days of active duty* That adds up to not quite 52 weeks of active duty or less than a year of active service. And 20 years of reserve service would be less than 2 years of active service. Just a fun fact to tuck in your back pocket...not that reserves don't bring a lot to the table and don't mature along with active duty counterparts...but we had a reserve det in Norway loading a C-130 with supplies for the carrier because the CO, a reserve captain, saw a video of a C-130 making carrier landings (true, but a one time test event) and figured that it would be much more efficient to use the C-130 on the ramp than the C-2 COD, which would have to make many more trips. Of course, when the Reserve C-130 aircrew asked what was going on, the LT pilot informed the Captain and his reserve Admiral boss that was definitely not going to happen (we had a LT ashore as well to coordinate the air wing stuff and he walked into the heated exchange in which the captain was insisting that the C-130 do what he knew it could do because he saw it on TV....didn't want to let down because of loss of face with admiral). The good captain owned a furniture store in civilian life as I recall. That's when we came up with the "warning" ribbon joke (apologies to the brave and steadfast reservists drilling out there and/or on active duty overseas or in CONUS)

*assuming they only did minimum drill obligation and not including initial active duty for trainign and service.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Hey thanks for the info on the DD 215. I'am trying to get with the VA
JZAB

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
heyjoe said:
LOL, it's always the shoes, isn't it?.....they suppressed the leather flight jacket and flight suit and brown shoes for decades (and killed aviation greens).

They ain't dead yet! I was able to order a set 3 years ago from the NEX and have them in my closet. They are suppose to be one of the 7 working uniforms replaced by the BDU 'working' uniform that has been tested in several versions recently. I plan on wearing mine the last day they are authorized :icon_smil .