• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bar Room Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

helodrivr

pilot
As an old retired Naval Aviator who has been retired almost as long as being on active duty, I know many things have changed. An instance has arisen with me that begs for current input.

There appears to still be a phenomenon that the further the bar is from the O'Club, the more likely an NFO will imply or actually state that he is a pilot. Is it that they are too cheap to buy drinks and feel that they feel more apt to obtain free ones by stating that they are a pilot? Or are they just too lazy or drunk to have to go through the entire discussion that the pilot is just a bus driver and that they are actually the key to a successful mission? I am not quite sure, but it appears to be just as or maybe even more prevalent in the AF community.

So, what is the current thinking on these indivliduals? Thanks for any help that might possibly cause me to sleep more peacefully at night.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Or are they just too lazy or drunk to have to go through the entire discussion that the pilot is just a bus driver and that they are actually the key to a successful mission?

omg! i was just at an Academy Night on monday that our local congressman was hosting, and all the service academies had reps there- the BGO for the USNA said EXACTLY the same thing! it was like he was there to sell being a NFO vs naval aviator. he even used the word "bus driver"! ROFL.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
So, what is the current thinking on these indivliduals?
I call Bull Shit and I think you are just trying to stir the pot with your first post on this site.

helodrivr said:
Thanks for any help that might possibly cause me to sleep more peacefully at night.
Help sleeping? Quit hanging around fixed-wing pilots and accept that the chicks will always find you lacking. I find that the more time a helo pilot spends hanging around fixed-wing pilots, the more the helo pilot worries about his small penis and his inability to properly satisfy a woman.

Signed,
A retired NFO with more pilot time in his log book than the majority of pilots on this site.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
shazaam4cj.gif

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Thanks for any help that might possibly cause me to sleep more peacefully at night.
Sir, your first post put me to sleep. I would recommend reading it over and over again, that should do the trick. It is cheaper that Ambien.

S.O.B.

pilot
Signed,
A retired NFO with more pilot time in his log book than the majority of pilots on this site.

All this means to me is: you have a lot of time wearing a gay jacket with a funny hat, flying straight and level for peanuts. I guess that's the trade off you make for stable employment that's fosters a good home life.

When you were in the fleet did you tell people "I fly the p3"?

S.O.B.

pilot
When you were an H-3/46 Crewman, did you tell people/girls that "I fly the H-3/46"?

That's not typical crewman behavior however that is typical NFO behavior. It starts at the winging "ENS Doushnozel will be flying the F18 out of Norfolk." CLAP CLAP CLAP and so it begins.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
That's not typical crewman behavior however that is typical NFO behavior. It starts at the winging "ENS Doushnozel will be flying the F18 out of Norfolk." CLAP CLAP CLAP and so it begins.
I wonder why they give NFO's flightpay then? Sounds like a waste of money to me. If someone pays attention to ENS Doushnozel and how he will fly an F18 and has a problem with how it is phrased, there other other insecurities there. Now if a helo pilot claims he flies a helo, we all know that helo's don't fly....they just beat the air to death. Therefore with your thinking, helo pilots should actually be "air beaters.":D
VR,
An NFO that signs for and flies jets in the Navy:D

helodrivr

pilot
When you were an H-3/46 Crewman, did you tell people/girls that "I fly the H-3/46"?

In fact, an H-3 crewman does fly the aircraft.

Actually, I was not trying to stir the pot. I got myself into a situation where the answer is important to me. However, I can already see that nothing has changed in the 20 years since I retired.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In fact, an H-3 crewman does fly the aircraft.

Actually, I was not trying to stir the pot. I got myself into a situation where the answer is important to me. However, I can already see that nothing has changed in the 20 years since I retired.

Tell us more....and we'll tell you what you want to know.

S.O.B.

pilot
I wonder why they give NFO's flightpay then? Sounds like a waste of money to me.

Flight pay does not mean you fly the aircraft. The Flight Surgeon does not fly the aircraft but gets flight pay. The AW does not fly the aircraft but gets flight pay. The NFO does not fly the aircraft but gets flight pay. HANDS ON CONTROLS = flying the aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.