• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bar Room Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Flight pay does not mean you fly the aircraft. The Flight Surgeon does not fly the aircraft but gets flight pay. The AW does not fly the aircraft but gets flight pay. The NFO does not fly the aircraft but gets flight pay. HANDS ON CONTROLS = flying the aircraft.
So what about dual-controlled aircraft such as the S-3 in which I know more than 1 NFo that has gone to the airlines with their time FLYING the jet?

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Just like A4s says, "the more things change, the more things stay the same." It was like this when I was winged in 1972... and it's still the pilot vs. NFO thing.

Y'all should know that there's two things that you just DO NOT DO... and both of them are to belittle an NFO's job.

S.O.B.

pilot
Just like A4s says, "the more things change, the more things stay the same." It was like this when I was winged in 1972... and it's still the pilot vs. NFO thing.

Y'all should know that there's two things that you just DO NOT DO... and both of them are to belittle an NFO's job.

See HAL pilots post; I think he had it coming.

S.O.B.

pilot
So what about dual-controlled aircraft such as the S-3 in which I know more than 1 NFo that has gone to the airlines with their time FLYING the jet?

How many S3s are left in the NAV? Do we have anything where a NFO sits behind a set of controls?

S.O.B.

pilot

The only person belittling the NFO's job is the NFO who misleads people into thinking he's a pilot.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
See HAL pilots post; I think he had it coming.
I think you guys are just jealous that a P-3 NFO made it in the airlines and most helo pilots just talk about getting their AMEL cert and flying for Delta.:D

S.O.B.

pilot
I think you guys are just jealous that a P-3 NFO made it in the airlines and most helo pilots just talk about getting their AMEL cert and flying for Delta.:D

Yea the airlines are an awesome gig these days. What does it take 50 hours in a Cessna and a DMV learners permit. I think you about 10 years off, P3 pilots don't even want to go airlines.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This thread is going nowhere. If Big Navy didn't think an NFO was necessary, there wouldn't be NFOs. No, they may not physically know how to fly the jet, but it's not their fault people for the most part are so clueless that they think a Prowler has 4 pilots.

If you really want to solve this issue, go into the head, take a ruler, whip it out, and measure. Otherwise we're done here.

closed_2.gif

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
To All,

I didn't think this would get so far out of hand. I just took Helodrivr's post as the typical pilot-NFO banter of throwing shit at each other and responded in kind.

Helodrivr isn't the douche bag in this thread - that title once again goes to the appropriately named S.O.B.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
S.O.B. seems to want an answer from me to his idiotic proclamations so....

Having never flown with a NFO you have no clue as to what an NFO does or what he contributes to the mission. So anything you say about NFOs is pure uninformed Bull Shit based on some sort of superiority complex you seem to have. You are the only one who seems to give a shit and constantly make a big deal over NFOs saying "I fly...."

When I was active duty, I had many pilots ask me "what do you fly?" And yes, I responded "I fly P-3s".

You also do not have any experience in the airline world and probably never will even if you did get the fixed-wing license and flight time requirements. 50% of getting hired at an airline is your personality, attitude and likability. I.e. "do I want to spend hours / days in the cockpit with this guy?" In your case, the answer would be NO. So like your NFO comments, your airline comments are uninformed and meaningless.

You are an idiot and I didn't initially respond to your posts because they didn't deserve a response.

Get a fvcking grip and realize that pilots are only a part of Naval Aviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.