• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP/College/Life Questions

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
So, is this your concern?

But seriously...I really want to be a military aviator. I do have my foot in the door with the Air Force, but once I sign that contract they own me, no guarantees (except a guarantee to serve, which I'm proud to do no matter what).

Are you saying that you want to fly, but the AF will not gurantee you a pilot slot, only an officer?

If so, when does AFROTC guys get to choose their job? When does NROTC get to choose their designator? Anyone...anyone...? :)

Orzo530

So, is this your concern?

Are you saying that you want to fly, but the AF will not gurantee you a pilot slot, only an officer?

If so, when does AFROTC guys get to choose their job? When does NROTC get to choose their designator? Anyone...anyone...? :)

I can explain the AFROTC side of things.

At the start of your junior year, after you come back from "Field Training" (a 4-week version of OTS), you fill out your dream sheet. If you're going to be selected as a pilot or nav (nav has around a 90% acceptance rate) you'll find out by spring of your junior year. Everyone else categorizes senior year.

Basically, AETC takes everyone's PCSM scores, and racks and stacks them. For the most part, it's made up of Field Training perfomance, the aviation section of the AFOQT, prior flight time, and PFT (I think?).

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
NROTC Studs choose their designator their junior year and find out what they got their senior year.