• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Beef up my package w/ Extracurriculars?

Seth009

Strengthen my OCS package w/ Extracurriculars?

I will be applying for Supply. My package is pretty much done except for a transcript from the graduate school I am currently attending (2-3 weeks). This has given me time to go over my package and attempt to “strengthen” it. I have a 3.5+ GPA for my two undergraduate degrees and currently a 4.0 in the MBA program I am enrolled in. However, I have a 46 for the OAR. My recruiter gives me the feeling like anything less than a 50 will be a dismal. However, after reviewing Stats and Scores both on airwarriors.com and usnavyocs.com and noting that several people with OAR scores in their 40s (some even lower than mine) have been picked up this year I feel that I still have a chance (35 is the minimum).

Still, I would like to my application as strong as possible as my OAR is the only “weak” link and I have been told the boards look at the “whole” person. I have beefed up my package with good LORs, Interviews with Supply Os (10s), and what I believe to be a great motivational statement. I have listed all my Dean’s List Awards received under the “SCHOLARSHIPS, HONORS AND AWARDS” section. Under the “SPECIAL TRAINING/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE” section I have listed all the Department of the Navy Purchase Card and Defense Acquisition University Training courses I have completed (Supply Stuff) and the fact that I am currently appointed as a Certifying and Approving official at a U.S. Naval Hospital for Navy Purchase Card Holders as a collateral duty.

Now the problem is the area entitled “. EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES/ORGANIZATIONS/CLUBS.” I do not really have any that I can think of with the exception of the CFAY Association that I was a member of while on active duty in 2004. Can I list COMRELS that I participated in under this section? What about collateral duties while on active duty?

vvmountainvv

i can't give much advice on your question...but you might want to put more thought into your subject titles in the future....

Seth009

I didn't get it at first but I utilized the edit feature. I hope the title paints a more accurate picture of what the subject is about. Sorry.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Hal, come on. What kind of STUDs, pilots, military folks in general would we be if our minds WEREN'T in the gutter? Personally, mine likes to dive in, headfirst, and roll around a bit, kind of like a stray dog with 3 legs.

ButterBarWannaB

LN2 (FC2) at Newport NAVSTA in RI
Seth009,

Don't be too worried about your OAR... I have a buddy who is currently going to Supply school in Athens who got a 42 on his, and his degree was a Masters in Music! You seem a great deal more qualified than him!

For your extracurricular activities, put down any community service (voluntary, not the court mandated kind) you may have done, clubs or organizations you belonged to in college, PO2/PO1 association in your command, etc. Noteworthy collateral duties might help, like PRT coordinator, or Supply PO.

Hope this helps you a little. :icon_smil