• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best Aviation Videos

Markg

aviation

I understand the Marine Corps is not taking air contracts through at least Oct 2010...The good news, the FSXF Marine Corps is looking for pilots and now hiring!

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
I understand the Marine Corps is not taking air contracts through at least Oct 2010...The good news, the FSXF Marine Corps is looking for pilots and now hiring!

That video is pretty impressive, dude. Especially for a "game." I was sent this video recently....Swiss AF having fun w/Saabs, Hornets and F-5s.

sundevil_av8r

pilot
And she looks hot... although I've got to wonder what the hell the point of wearing chutes is, especially down low doing the crap they are. Kind of like wearing a helmet on a motorcycle doing 150mph down the interstate in traffic. What's the point?

I don't know about all aerobatic aircraft (or other countries requirements), but the FAA type certificate for the Extra 300 requires that you wear a parachute. The FARs also require a parachute while performing aerobatic maneuvers in any aircraft.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
A little GA fun

Running the ridge along Mt Palomar.

More ridge running at Mt Palomar. This time with Allen Jackson along for some reason.

Massanutten Ridge - Change of Pace

Tandem Flight at Morningside - Makes the pretty lady smile

A Nuget Takes a Short One at Big Sur

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
The FARs also require a parachute while performing aerobatic maneuvers in any aircraft.

Not if you're solo. You can wear a Speedo and Tevas if it suits you. Local show/contest guidlines require the use of a parachute solo, but not the FARs.

MR-

yak52driver

Contributor
Not if you're solo. You can wear a Speedo and Tevas if it suits you. Local show/contest guidlines require the use of a parachute solo, but not the FARs.

MR-

Here's the regs from the FAA web site

91.307 Parachutes and parachuting. top
(a) No pilot of a civil aircraft may allow a parachute that is available for emergency use to be carried in that aircraft unless it is an approved type and has been packed by a certificated and appropriately rated parachute rigger—
(1) Within the preceding 180 days, if its canopy, shrouds, and harness are composed exclusively of nylon, rayon, or other similar synthetic fiber or materials that are substantially resistant to damage from mold, mildew, or other fungi and other rotting agents propagated in a moist environment; or
(2) Within the preceding 60 days, if any part of the parachute is composed of silk, pongee, or other natural fiber or materials not specified in paragraph (a)(1) of this section.
(b) Except in an emergency, no pilot in command may allow, and no person may conduct, a parachute operation from an aircraft within the United States except in accordance with part 105 of this chapter.
(c) Unless each occupant of the aircraft is wearing an approved parachute, no pilot of a civil aircraft carrying any person (other than a crewmember) may execute any intentional maneuver that exceeds—
(1) A bank of 60 degrees relative to the horizon; or
(2) A nose-up or nose-down attitude of 30 degrees relative to the horizon.
(d) Paragraph (c) of this section does not apply to—
(1) Flight tests for pilot certification or rating; or
(2) Spins and other flight maneuvers required by the regulations for any certificate or rating when given by—
(i) A certificated flight instructor; or
(ii) An airline transport pilot instructing in accordance with §61.67 of this chapter.
(e) For the purposes of this section, approved parachute means—
(1) A parachute manufactured under a type certificate or a technical standard order (C–23 series); or
(2) A personnel-carrying military parachute identified by an NAF, AAF, or AN drawing number, an AAF order number, or any other military designation or specification number.

yak52driver

Contributor
Sukhois are utterly impressive. Even more so in a country that isn't overly concerned with maintaining a show line.

MR-

The Sukhoi is an amazing airplane to fly. The vertical lines it draws are about twice what I would get in a Pitts Special. The controls are so light I had to put two hands on the stick in the vertical line to keep the wings steady. I like that the seat is tilted back, pulling 8.5 g's was comforable with the plane. I have to say, though, I haven't seen anyone fly them like the Russians do. They really know the limits of that airplane.

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
Unless each occupant of the aircraft is wearing an approved parachute, no pilot of a civil aircraft carrying any person (other than a crewmember) may execute any intentional maneuver that exceeds—[/B]

"Carrying another person" being the key phrase. Direct from Patty Wagstaff herself in a public forum; if you're solo, you don't legally need to wear a chute'. if you do however, it's gotta be properly packed and within date.