• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

best route for my situation??

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
If you really want to get in the cockpit, get in gear then. Drop the time spent in the Frisbee Club and join/do something that shows leadership potential.

What are you talking about? Leaders are made in the Frisbee Club. What do those guys do anyway, collect frisbees? Meet once a week and throw the frisbee?

Lobster

I'm a big proponent of the BDCP route. E-3 pay is a pretty sweet deal. Let me explain what I've been doing over spring break to sell you on why you should go BDCP.

I reserved some very nice Coast Guard A-Frames at Lake Tahoe for 3 nights. 150 bucks.

I rented some skis and poles from Travis AFB for 26 bucks for a weekend and some change.

Oh and then I skiied for FREE, yes FREE at the following ski resorts...Homewood, Alpine Meadows, and Squaw Valley. Now you may not be a winter sports type but the benefits of being AD are pretty doggone sweet.

On top of that I'm holding down a second job which is making the deal even sweeter.

NROTC is a great way to go if you need your school paid for. But if you've got it all locked down already go BDCP.

Lazers you forgot about all the extra money for the bar...;)

navy09

None
NROTC is a great way to go if you need your school paid for. But if you've got it all locked down already go BDCP.

Depending on what school you go to and how long you actually are on BDCP, you'll get a bigger payout that way.

Truly, there are countless reasons to commission via ROTC vice OCS.

OK, just had to stick up for my boys. OP, it sounds like you're probably not competitive for ROTC at this point. Your GPA is low and you absolutely have to be able to get through 2 semesters each of calc and calc-based physics. If you search the forum, people with lower GPAs that you have been picked up for BDCP and OCS. Keep in mind that they take everything into effect though, so you may want to get involved in some more stuff (Frisbee club doesn't count, sorry).

RabidMoose

I had a 2.7 in civil engineering and got selected. Another guy had a 2.52 and got it...its all about the big picture.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
I had a 2.7 in civil engineering and got selected. Another guy had a 2.52 and got it...its all about the big picture.

Definitely good to hear and giving me encouragement. As I stated earlier I got my 2yr app in for ROTC and my GPA is the only thing I am sweating bullets about.

I currently have a 2.73 cumulative but I got a 3.7ish for the semester. Basically had some family/personal issues that caused me to miss finals and the GPA took a crap from 3.2 to 2.7. I went ahead and submitted copies of my current semester grades in my package as well as a memo to the board stating the circumstances that caused this and what I planned to do to rectify it. (Grade forgiveness in the fall FTW)

Other then that from what I been told from the Officer interviews I am pretty solid character/personality/leadership (I will spare you guys the fluff)

But case in point now it's the waiting game for me... April cannot get here any faster!!!! :icon_boun

P.S. Any other 2yr apps this year reading this send me a PM. We can cross our fingers together and hopefully hook up at NSI